Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Social Worker - Telemetry & ICU
Location: United States-Texas-Dallas-Medical City - Dallas
Other Locations: null
The Social Worker will assist in the facilitation of care across the continuum for selected patient care needs with a focus on the following:
* Evaluation of psychosocial needs, crisis intervention, development and implementation of appropriate, timely plans of care to include discharge planning.
* Ability to collaborate with case managers, physicians, staff, families and community referral bases to enhance optimal patient outcomes.
* Evaluation of plan of care with appropriate changes, based on plan outcomes.
* Master's degree in Social Work from a school accredited by the Council of Social Work Education.
* Current licensure by the State of Texas Board of Social Work examiners through the Texas department of Health
* Advanced certification by approved accreditation board preferred.
* Recent working experience with assigned patient population
* Experience in Telemetry/Critical Care
* Three years post MSW experience preferred.
* Strong communication skills in both oral and written format
* Ability to prioritize independently and respond timely to multiple simultaneous requests
* Ability to problem solve, and seek assistance from appropriate community agencies
* Working knowledge of community, regional and governmental resources
* Counseling skills
* Ability to recognize needs and behaviors of specific age groups of patients treated
* Knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid regulations and payer guidelines related to discharge planning