Convergys Technical Team Leader in Dallas, Texas
Technical Team Leader
The Technical Team Leader is the first supervisory/management-level position in the Contact Center Operations career path. This position is responsible for supporting, coaching, developing, and supervising a team of Call Center Associates providing technical support, typically 18-20 direct reports (80%). Individuals are committed to continuing personal and professional development through mentorship, on-line courses, and on-the-job training (15%), while maintaining phone skills (5%). Also, coordinates work activities to achieve the volume expected to meet operational performance requirements.
Essential Functions/Core Responsibilities
· Provide day-to-day supervision and management of assigned team of Call Center Associates; ensure that Associates have a clear understanding of performance expectations, are properly trained, and have access to all necessary tools and resources
· Conduct coaching sessions with direct reports on their performance each week, adapting coaching styles depending on the situation and audience; provide specific and constructive feedback on daily performance and behavioral activities to ensure performance metrics are achieved
· Provide support in the handling of escalated customer calls as necessary; offer guidance and direction in problem-solving customer issues
· Proactively manage team attendance and time-off in accordance with company policy and practice; evaluate the need for advanced actions based on attendance data and act accordingly
· Conduct team meetings with direct reports to ensure expedient communication of relevant information and as an open forum for input from Associates
· Use and promote Convergys reward and recognition programs to recognize, motivate, and retain Associates
· Partner with support units (HR, Workforce Management, Quality, Training, etc.) to evaluate process improvement opportunities
· Ensure training needs of self, and direct reports, are met
- Six months to three years’ related call center/customer service experience required
Experience managing technical support agents
Knowledge of call center industry and best practices
Proven time management skills; ability to multi-task
Demonstrated ability to provide and receive coaching and feedback; ability to motivate and professionally develop a team
Able to work well under pressure
Strong written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills
Able to work a flexible schedule
Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite required
USA, Dallas, TX
Who We Are
At Convergys, our mission is to set the standard in our industry through unparalleled care for our clients, customers & people.
For our clients, this means our 125,000 team members wake up every day united by a common goal: helping our clients maintain exceptional relationships with their customers.
For our people, this means a commitment to each other to accomplish great things, build careers, and have some fun along the way!
Build Your Career With Convergys
When you become part of our team, you join 125,000 talented people around the world who represent some of today’s leading brands. At Convergys, one of our values is to "Grow As a Team." It's in our DNA to prioritize teamwork and develop our people. By working together, we achieve great things for clients and create opportunities to build rewarding careers. You can be part of that when you join our team. And it's all at your fingertips!
Watch the video below to hear from some of our employees around the world as they talk about what it means to be part of the Convergys team.
Convergys has careers available in 31 countries at 150+ locations.
Establish your career with a company that has locations across the world. You can grow personally and professionally - and make a difference for customers and for the communities where we live and work.