Kratos Technology & Training Solutions Sr. Buyer in Dallastown, Pennsylvania
Procure all materials and services used in the manufacture of Gichner Shelter Systems product. Effectively develop and implement commodity sourcing strategies. Optimize company spending, drive to best value, and improve overall supplier performance management.
- Solicits price quotations of goods and services for both bids and buys.
- Negotiates pricing and delivery to specific budgets and terms.
- Negotiate PO/contract Terms and Conditions and supervise supplier performance to ensure continuity of supply.
- Prepares and places purchase orders and follows-up to ensure timely delivery in order to meet demand for products.
- Reviews and analyzes requirements to maintain inventory control and achieve lowest total cost.
- Monitors Small and Disadvantaged Business Goals to achieve targets.
- Maintains Part Master database.
- Investigates and resolves discrepant receipts and invoices.
- Create commodity specific sourcing strategies and supplier agreements to optimize supplier base and lower total cost of ownership.
- Identify risks in supply chain and develop risk mitigation plans.
- Researches and interviews potential suppliers.
- Monitors price and lead time trends.
- Supplier Relations (partnerships, forecasts, e-signals, consignment arrangements, etc.)
- Selects and approves new suppliers (approved supplier list.)
- Processes returns and rejections and monitors supplier corrective action as required.
- Lead supplier selection and recommendation activities including qualitative and quantitative analysis.
Interface with other organizations
- Quote support to sales.
- Representative for Job kickoff meetings as required.
- Work closely with engineering team to optimize BOM cost structure.
Experience and Skills:
- A very high level of analytical ability is required in order to resolve customer problems that require the innovative application of the highest levels of knowledge in purchasing.
- In-depth fact finding and analysis required as information not always available; requires judgment in the application or interpretation of standard practice to suit special or changing conditions.
- Duties are defined in terms of goals and objectives with considerable latitude, limited only by broad policy. Work cannot be standardized. Assignments are typically received in the form of projects and results expected, but incumbents have considerable freedom to determine own methods, approaches and priorities.
- Negotiates contracts where losses occurring through errors in judgment would involve a large dollar amount.
- Overall work is reviewed infrequently to determine status of objectives, projects, or general performance.
- Contact within the organization requires the exercise of authority, judgment and motivating others to accept guidance and direction where their interests are divergent.
- May provide work leadership and train lower level buyers.
- 4 year college/university degree, or equivalent experience.
- Professional Certification, or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years related experience manufacturing purchasing experience.
Job Tracking ID: 85347-231646
Location: Dallastown, PA
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Date Updated: September 28, 2016
Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)
Number of Openings: 1
Years of Experience: More than 5 Years
Level of Education: BA/BS
Starting Date: September 26, 2016