Kratos Technology & Training Solutions Sr. Production Planner in Dallastown, Pennsylvania
To provide a Leadership Impact by delivering on commitments and being a role model for others. Aggressively pursue new opportunities with customers. Look for ways to apply the latest technologies to the work. Strive to make people better and be a positive influence in the development of others.
Production planning and scheduling:
- Analyze demand to meet customer and inventory requirements
- Inventory management of finished goods, subassemblies, and WIP.
- Transactional planning, scheduling, and inventory management in ERP system. Perform necessary planning, scheduling, and inventory transactions as required.
- Develop a comprehensive, detailed schedule for plant to meet required demands reflecting equipment and personnel constraints as well as opportunities.
- Proactively address and communicate schedule issues or sudden shifts in demand and impacts to inventory levels and adjusting production schedules to achieve inventory targets.
- Communicate effectively, as liaison between operations, customer service, and leadership on any supply chain issues including the production schedule.
- Serve as lead agent to drive system and process improvements including inventory control, material availability, and other supply chain initiatives for areas of responsibility.
- Develop project plans and execute projects across multiple business functions.
- Develop and regularly publish metrics to measure schedule status and other supply chain processes. Conduct data analysis and root cause corrective action to improve performance metrics.
- Write professional processes related to supply chain management.
- Work closely with Master Scheduler to mitigate issues.
- Continually looks for opportunities to improve manufacturing time and cost and provides metrics to support the improvements.
- Supports the Contracts Department with customer changes.
- Responds to drawing changes issued by Engineering as needed by re-ordering materials, and changing work orders in the shop.
Experience and Skills:
Required: college/university education in technical field (mfg. or industrial related), or equivalent experience.
Required: 2 to 4 years related experience in Supply Chain
Preferred: APICS certified or in pursuit of certification
Job Tracking ID: 85347-227087
Location: Dallastown, PA
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Date Updated: August 03, 2016
Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)
Years of Experience: At least 3 Years
Level of Education: BA/BS
Starting Date: July 19, 2016