Kratos Technology & Training Solutions Tool & Die Maker in Dallastown, Pennsylvania
To set-up and operate various types of machines & equipment to fabricate tooling and fixtures to be used to produce piece parts and shelters and to achieve quality and integrity of products at the lowest possible cost.
- Receives instructions verbally or from layouts and detailed tool drawings & blue prints.
- Will be required to set-up and operate all types of machines required to fabricate tooling, dies and fixtures; including lathe, milling machine, drill press, grinder, surface grinder, shaper, tool grinder, radial drill. Welding machines, various bench mounted equipment and all types of hand tools both electric and air operated.
- Performs operations that will include boring, counter boring, turning, tapping, threading, milling drilling, reaming, broaching, knurling, csking, sawing, grinding cutting, sharpening, chamfering, deburing, welding.
- Assists with and or constructs templates, tools, dies, shop aids and fixtures, some layout required.
- Will produce pieces or parts for prototypes as well as machine and building maintenance parts or assembly as needed.
- Assists with and or performs repairs to templates, tools, dies, fixtures, and shop aids.
- Assists with or repairs machines and equipment as required or requested by the Maintenance dept.
- All level positions may perform other functions such as moving parts/material, loading/unloading, sweeping, cleaning and various other assignments as needed.
- Uses various measuring and inspection equipment, tools and machines to verify work.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required. Will be asked to work outdoors on occasion as well as in other departments in the shop as need or required by shop work load.
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 5 years on-the-job experience in all phases of tool and die work.
- Must have background in machine shop production environment & use of all required tools and equipment.
- Basic knowledge of shop math
- Intermediate Blue print reading
- Fraction & Decimal conversion
- Ability to read and understand all types of measuring and inspection tools as applied to Tool & Die work
- Basic computer skills required
- Advanced Blue print reading is desirable
Job Tracking ID: 85347-230598
Location: Dallastown, PA
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Date Updated: September 16, 2016
Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)
Number of Openings: 1
Years of Experience: More than 5 Years
Level of Education: Technical College
Starting Date: September 26, 2016