Kratos Technology & Training Solutions Mechancial Design Engineer in Dallastpwm, Pennsylvania
To determine and implement mechanical designs that meet cost and schedule objectives and customer requirements.
Designs shelters and mechanical modifications such as rack installations, ECU installations, entry panel installations and miscellaneous ancillary items.
- Attends job kick-off meetings and participates in design reviews with customers.
- Reviews customer requirements including customer specifications, Statements of Work, and interface drawings in order to ensure compliance with contract.
- Prepares and updates task lists.
- Tracks schedules and budgets on assigned programs.
- Issues long lead material.
- Provides technical input to CAD design team on various tasks.
- Reviews and approves drawings.
- Interfaces with other departments to resolve questions and technical issues.
- Creates technical proposals, technical materials, and procurement specifications.
- Supports the Sales department in proposal development and engineering estimates.
- Reviews vendor/shop drawings, quotes and proposals.
- Resolves vendor issues and dispositions defective material. Creates Cost Schedule Impact Logs (CSILs) for added scope.
- Submits Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs).
- Interfaces with customers and contracts to resolve customer related issues.
- Contributes to product improvement, new products and product standardization.
Experience and Skills:
4 year college/university education in technical field (BSME / BSMET)
6+ years professional engineering experience.
- Experience with Auto-Cad; 3-D Modeling Software, etc.
- Defense/DoD-engineering background preferable
Job Tracking ID: 85347-221161
Location: Dallastpwm, PA
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Date Updated: August 02, 2016
Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)
Number of Openings: 1
Years of Experience: More than 5 Years
Level of Education: BA/BS
Starting Date: August 1, 2016