Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration Physician (Psychiatrist) in Danville, Illinois
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
2 vacancies in the following location:
- Danville, IL
Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent
Opened Tuesday 6/21/2016 (127 day(s) ago)
** Closes Saturday 12/31/2016 (66 day(s) away)
Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): T1734592
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
Recruitment/Relocation Incentives have been authorized.
There are multiple opportunities located within the Mental Health department. The Psychiatrist will perform evaluation, diagnosis, treatment and consultation to patients with mental, behavioral, addictive, or emotional disorders. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Psychiatric intake assessment including history, physical exam and neurological assessment;
- Psychiatric diagnosis;
- Psychiatric treatment planning;
- Leading and/or participating in interdisciplinary treatment teams;
- Psychiatric treatment to mentally ill veterans, recruits, students, active duty personnel, dependents and retirees;
- Medication Management;
- Consultation to the Navy Brig upon request;
- Completion of fitness for duty evaluations for all active duty personnel psychiatric assessment;
- Psychiatry resident and medical student educational/teaching activities;
- Participation in Physician Peer Review;
- Participation in Performance Improvement activities;
- Participation in FHCC committees;
- Participation in research; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: Rotating
Functional Statement Title/#: Psychiatrist, Inpatient Mental Health/#000000
- Not Required
- Relocation Authorized
- Must pass pre-employment examination.
- Designated and/or Random Drug Testing required.
- Background and/or Security Investigation required.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
- Citizenship of the United States. Noncitizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with Department of Veterans Affairs policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of a first-year residency, or its equivalent, approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which it was completed.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Note*:* Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education.
Physical Requirements: The work requires exertions such as walking, standing, stooping, bending, and carrying light items in the direct care of patients.
What To Expect Next
After we receive application packages (including all required documents) and the vacancy announcement closes, we will review applications to ensure qualification and eligibility requirements are met. During our review, if your résumé and application package do not support your questionnaire answers, we will adjust your rating accordingly. After the review is complete, a referral certificate(s) is issued and applicants will be notified of their status by email (if provided); otherwise, applicants will receive a notification letter via the U.S. Postal Service. Referred applicants will be notified as such and may be contacted directly by the hiring office for an interview. All referred applicants receive a final notification once a selection decision has been made.
You may check the status of your application at any time by logging into your USAJOBS account and clicking on "Application Status." For a more detailed update of your status, click on "more information." Information regarding applicant notification points can be found in the USAJobs Resource Center.
VA offers a comprehensive benefits package. The VHA physician brochure provides an overview of the benefits associated with a VA practice.
Annual leave shall accrue for full-time physicians at the rate of 26 days per leave year (1 day per pay period).
It is the policy of the VA to not deny employment to those that have faced financial hardships or periods of unemployment.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply.
The health related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.
Salary Range: $200,000.00 to $300,000.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: VM-0602-00/00
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: (Non-Citizens may be appointed when it is not possible to hire US Citizens)
Control Number: 442528200
Job Announcement Number: HI-16-DV-1734592-BU