Convergys Lead Software Engineer in Denver, Colorado
Lead Software Engineer
The Lead Software Engineer is responsible for leading tasks related to the design and implementation of business related systems and applications for analytics; developing new analytic technologies, and analytic solutions. This position is responsible for providing technical depth and business acumen to actively participate in the design of new application software development projects; for leading small projects relating to systems in assigned areas of expertise; and for closely coordinating with internal and external groups to ensure all tasks are delivered in a timely manner.
Essential Functions/Core Responsibilities
• Leads in the analysis of complex business problems by identifying customer needs and key areas of opportunity
• Leads and manages complex and concurrent projects
• Ability to interact and collaborate with cross functional heads
• Assist with the development of technology based analytics solutions
• Assists in facilitating change management efforts
• Introduces new technologies, techniques, and processes
• Leverages understanding of software development and analytics to contribute in finding new solutions
• Ensures meeting client expectations at all times
• Contributes in the issue resolution process
• Bachelor's degree in related field from a four-year college or university with more than seven years of relevant experience preferred
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to effectively present information to internal and external associates
• Expert Level computer science and statistics understanding
• Ability to lead architecture of technology based software, and statistical solutions
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills
• Proven ability to organize and prioritize projects in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented business environment
• Excellent attention to detail
• Strong customer service disposition and sense of professionalism
• Demonstrated ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret
• Solid understanding of the organization's business operations and industry. Demonstrated business acumen
• Minimum of 5 years' experience with Java required
• Must have experience with APIs and other general software engineering tools
Career Framework Role
● Is recognized as an expert in own function within the organization● Frequently contributes to the development of new theories and methods● Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise● Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends solutions/best practices● Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify solutions● Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel working within this job title.
USA, Denver, CO
Who We Are
At Convergys, our mission is to set the standard in our industry through unparalleled care for our clients, customers & people.
For our clients, this means our 125,000 team members wake up every day united by a common goal: helping our clients maintain exceptional relationships with their customers.
For our people, this means a commitment to each other to accomplish great things, build careers, and have some fun along the way!
Build Your Career With Convergys
When you become part of our team, you join 125,000 talented people around the world who represent some of today’s leading brands. At Convergys, one of our values is to "Grow As a Team." It's in our DNA to prioritize teamwork and develop our people. By working together, we achieve great things for clients and create opportunities to build rewarding careers. You can be part of that when you join our team. And it's all at your fingertips!
Watch the video below to hear from some of our employees around the world as they talk about what it means to be part of the Convergys team.
Convergys has careers available in 31 countries at 150+ locations.
Establish your career with a company that has locations across the world. You can grow personally and professionally - and make a difference for customers and for the communities where we live and work.