HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Medical Technologist in Denver, Colorado
Medical Technologist - Blood Bank
Full time, Days
Work in one of the most progressive, dynamic hospitals in Denver!
Presbyterian St. Lukesprovides state-of-the-art, complex medical care in the heart of Denver, treating patients from all over the Rocky Mountain Region. P/SL holds Centers of Excellence designations in numerous specialties. We are also proud to be recognized as one of the 106 HCA Healthcare Hospitals included in TJC’s new list of Top Performers on/Key Quality Measures/.
The Medical Technologist (Blood Bank) supports the mission of Presbyterian/St Luke’s Medical Center of optimizing the quality of life of all those served by expanding beyond the traditional focus on medical needs to the needs of the whole person.
- The Medical Technologist provides technical quality testing for neonates, pediatrics, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients in the laboratory setting in compliance with CAP, JCAHO, OSHA, AABB, FDA, and CLIA Standards.
- He/she functions within the philosophy, policies and procedure of Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center, and represents the hospital within and outside the organization.
- A thorough understanding and application of the Medical Technology practice are essential due to the intense field of critical patient testing. Therefore, the laboratory employees must continuously strive to improve clinical testing through formal and informal education. When need arises, will perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- A thorough understanding of Blood Banking is essential.
/Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center expects our Code of Conduct Value Statements to be reflected in the way every employee interacts with co-workers, patients and family members, and with others in the community./ * /We recognize and affirm the unique and intrinsic worth of each individual/ * /We treat all those we serve with compassion and kindness/ * /We act with absolute honesty, integrity and fairness in the way we conduct our business and the way we live our lives./ * /We trust our colleagues as valuable members of our healthcare team and pledge to treat one another with loyalty, respect and dignity./
*Licensure/Certification/Registration: * * ASCP, NCA, HEW, or eligible. Licensure must be completed within 6 months of hire. Continued employment will be based on licensure.
* A college graduate or equivalent who has passed a certification examination for Medical Technologist by ASCP, NCA, OR HEW. NCA AND ASCP Certification requires a B.A. or B.S. in Medical Technology or related field (Chemistry, Biology, etc.) and a one-year internship or appropriate experience prior to examination. HEW certification requires a combination of education and experience (military or otherwise) prior to examination.
* Experience in a hospital laboratory necessary.
* Works as a Medical Technologist by integrating current scientific knowledge with technical competency, which relate to the Laboratory Department.
* The Medical Technologist shall be technically current and theoretically knowledgeable of instrumentation and test methodologies.
* Demonstrates knowledge and responsibility for the ongoing CQI.
* The medical technologist will be competent in age-related Laboratory values and communication skills. * Must have heavy blood banking experience.
/Qualified candidates only need apply. /
Title: Medical Technologist
Location: Colorado-Denver-Presbyterian/St. Luke%27s Medical Center
Requisition ID: 03166-59313