Evans Bank Personal Lines Insurance Customer Care Specialist in Derby, New York
Why work for Evans?
- We’re the only locally-based full service, community financial institution that’s 100% focused on Western New York. That means everything you do as an employee helps Buffalo Niagara thrive.
- As an Evans associate, you have the ability to positively contribute to the resurgence of our area through responsible decision making and meaningful product management.
- We’re growing rapidly within Western New York and with nearly 100 years of finding a better way for our customers, we’re not going anywhere.
- Evans offers an open and collaborative environment and believes that each associate plays a key role in the success of the organization.
- Our flexible work environment allows for the ever-so-important work/life balance, and each associate is encouraged to volunteer in the community with volunteer paid time off.
- Plus, Evans has been named to the Buffalo Business First Best Places to Work in Western New York list for three years running.
We're looking for a an individual with existing experience in the personal lines insurance field. The ideal candidate is someone who thrives on daily customer interaction, identifying customer needs while providing them with customized solutions that separate Evans from our competitors.
The Personal Lines Customer Care Representative is responsible for providing the highest level of customer service to our insurance customers. Responsibilities include the servicing of existing accounts; cross selling, referral of products and services on the banking, insurance and financial services segments of the business. This professional must demonstrate a commitment to Evans Core Values.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides customers with overall account care including updating information and answering general policy questions.
- Handles efficiently customer service inquiries, including but not limited to claims, policy changes, billing questions, or other service related issues
- Identifies policies at risk and reports them to the appropriate Customer Relationship Manager.
- Completes customer documentation as assigned by Customer Care Center Supervisor.
- Solicits referrals for commercial and personal lines insurance, financial service leads, and bank services leads
- Maintains an organized work area, customer files and T-files
- Adherence to established regulatory requirements.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Required Skills: Skills: Beginner knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Ability to work within a team environment Strong customer service skills Strong attention to detail Demonstrated good communicative and interpersonal skills Strong sales skills with the ability to recognize potential sales opportunities.
Required Experience: Education/Experience/Certification: Associate’s degree in related field or equivalent experience 1-3 years of customer service experience required. Licensed insurance broker or ability and willingness to obtain license within one year of assignment
Job Location: Derby, New York, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Tracking Code: 325-018