Ally Financial Assoc Pricing Analyst in Detroit, Michigan
Aug 19, 2016
The Pricing Analyst will compile and review internal and external data and leverage optimization tools to make informed pricing recommendations for the U.S. automotive finance operation. This individual will work closely with business operations and report to the Pricing Manager to confirm pricing strategies and determine optimal prices in order to achieve strategic objectives.
- Analyze core retail granular pricing programs to ensure profitability objectives are met
- Run and maintain the pricing model -- P-L calculations, amortization schedules, basic understanding of interest rates, pro-forma models
- Develop alert mechanisms to effectively monitor retail granular pricing cells
- Leverage quantitative models for guidance in developing business pricing strategies to support revenue projections
- Work with functional partners to find opportunities to grow business and maximize profitability
- Understand competitive environment and other drivers of economics to optimize returns
- Strong critical thinking skills and problem resolution skills required
- Ability to collaborate with other team members
- Ability to multi-task effectively in high profile environment to ensure deadlines are met
- Ability to translate modeling/analysis results into business recommendations
- Must demonstrate ability to learn and adapt quickly Education/Experience Required
Bachelor's degree with emphasis in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Finance or Quantitative Research and or 0-2 years business experience Preferred Qualifications:
Prior pricing experience is a plus
- Proficiency in Excel including the ability to create, manipulate and formulate spreadsheets (including VB macros, pivot tables, charts and graphing)
- Basic to intermediate SAS - SQL programming skills including the ability to create basic programs, is preferred
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally's legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
Business Unit/enterprise function* Description*
Ally's Dealer Financial Services unit includes the Auto Finance and Insurance businesses. Ally's automotive services group works through dealers nationwide to offer a full suite of financing products and services, including new and used vehicle inventory and consumer financing, leasing, commercial loans and vehicle remarketing services. The Insurance unit offers extended service contracts and insurance for dealer vehicle inventory and property.
Total Rewards Information
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and bonus pay potential based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid time-off program with an emphasis on work-life balance.
Ally offers a variety of benefits to protect your health and well-being, provide financial security and balance your work-life needs including:
- Industry-leading 401K Retirement Savings Plan including Matching and Company Contributions
- Comprehensive wellness program with financial incentives designed to help you achieve your best health
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax dependent care and commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including Paid Parental & Caregiver Leave, Adoption Assistance, Back-up Child & Adult/Elder Care, Child Care Discounts, Tuition Reimbursement, LifeMatters Employee Assistance Program, Weight Watchers and other employee discount programs
Ally extends equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other reason prohibited by law.
ALLY JOB REQUISITION: 16-6000
POSITION LEVEL: Entry Level
AVAILABLE WORK LOCATIONS: Michigan (Detroit)