Ally Financial Compliance Analyst II in Detroit, Michigan
Sep 29, 2016
The Compliance Analyst II will support Compliance within the Enterprise Functions team. The analyst will work in the development, implementation, and maintenance of an effective Compliance Program framework that includes an internal control structure, monitoring, reporting, and training. Includes the development of procedures and may be involved in project work led by senior Compliance staff. Applies specialized knowledge to perform routine analysis and will provide management with data used in decision making processes.
- Serve as a resource to the CFO Group and other lines of business supported by enterprise functions for Compliance related matters and initiatives. This includes providing guidance to managers and compliance partners on implementation of effective controls including policies, procedures and governance affecting the CFO Compliance Program.
- Execute assigned monitoring and testing; including the maintenance of effective metrics, monitoring, testing and reporting standards and tools to ensure compliance.
- Support the Compliance issues management process by ensuring timely and accurate updates, tracking and management reporting.
- Work with Compliance Officers and function partners to build and sustain effective relationships with federal regulators and internal audit, including without limitation participation in regulatory exams, counsel on remediation of identified gaps and collaboration on closing issues.
- Assist in preparation of Compliance related management reports.
- Assist in the review and development and administration of line of business procedures and internal Compliance procedures.
- Participate in the completion and analysis of annual Line of Business risk assessments.
- Supports the development of compliance training materials for the CFO Group or other enterprise function business units.
- Work collaboratively with Compliance Officers and functional partners on priorities, challenges and opportunities.
- 3-5 years related compliance experience, financial services experience strongly preferred.
- Bachelors' degree in business or related major or equivalent experience.
- Attention to detail and superior written and oral communication skills with a proven ability to communicate and influence effectively at all levels of the organization
- Ability to identify and make recommendations to maximize efficiency and effectiveness
- Proven ability to simultaneously accomplish multiple tasks assignments and prioritize work as needed to meet business needs
- Able to perform ad hoc projects as assigned to assist Compliance in analyzing Ally's risk and control environment.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and understand laws and regulations, providing recommendations and solutions
- Experience in the financial services, mortgage or banking industries desired.
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally's legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function
Compliance and Regulatory Affairs is responsible for driving compliance with laws, regulations and company policies set forth by federal regulators and stakeholders.
Total Rewards Information
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and bonus pay potential based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid time-off program with an emphasis on work-life balance.
Ally offers a variety of benefits to protect your health and well-being, provide financial security and balance your work-life needs including:
- Industry-leading 401K Retirement Savings Plan including Matching and Company Contributions
- Comprehensive wellness program with financial incentives designed to help you achieve your best health
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax dependent care and commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including Paid Parental & Caregiver Leave, Adoption Assistance, Back-up Child & Adult/Elder Care, Child Care Discounts, Tuition Reimbursement, LifeMatters Employee Assistance Program, Weight Watchers and other employee discount programs
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
ALLY JOB REQUISITION: 16-6255
POSITION LEVEL: Experienced
AVAILABLE WORK LOCATIONS: Michigan (Detroit), North Carolina (Charlotte)