Ally Financial Consumer Dealer Financial Services Lead Auditor in Detroit, Michigan
Oct 4, 2016
Responsible for leading the execution of assigned audit and advisory projects primarily relating to Ally's Dealer Financial Services (Auto Finance and Insurance operations) including overseeing approximately one to five staff. Responsible for demonstrating skills in assessing business process risks and controls, flowcharting business processes including the supporting IT applications, identifying and developing audit tests to evaluate design of controls, reviewing audit workpapers and making initial determination of reportable issues. During the audit process, completes work in accordance with Ally Financial audit methodology, any and all applicable standards, and defined plans, budgets, and schedules.
- Lead the execution of audit projects including supervising/training assigned staff auditors, managing the audit budget, communicating audit status, and escalating project delays.
- Identify risks/controls and develop audit scope/strategy.
- Review workpapers evaluating test results for appropriateness of testing conclusions, ensuring issues are accurately identified, including root cause and risk impacts and recommendations are appropriate.
- Develop an understanding of Ally's audit approach, methodology and tools/technology.
- Maintain regular communication with Ally Audit Management, and lead/participate in meetings and interact and develop relationships with Business Unit and/or Enterprise Function management under audit.
- Develop and maintain proactive working relationships with personnel across Ally.
- Provide guidance and leadership to senior/staff auditors.
- Draft reporting documents; assist in preparation of final audit reports
- Evaluate the completeness of the auditee's corrective action plans.
- Develop understanding of appropriate business aspects, risks, potential fraud, performance requirements and control processes and systems of auditable activities assigned to audit.
- Perform ad hoc projects as assigned to assist Audit in analyzing Ally's risk and control environment.
- Bachelors (or higher) degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Economics, or other related field of study
- 4-6 years of corporate or public accounting/audit experience preferably in the financial services or banking industry. Knowledge specific to credit risk management, consumer/banking regulations, operations and integrated IT auditing a plus.
- Strong project management skills
- Detail-oriented, deadline driven, self-directed and organized individual
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills and experience auditing risks in a dynamic organization.
- Proven ability to excel in highly interactive team environment
- Understanding of risk and control concepts
- Critical thinking, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint). Experience with flowcharting software and analytical tools (ACL, IDEA, MS Acess) a plus.
- Ability to travel.
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally's legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function
Audit Services contributes to Ally's success by providing stakeholders with timely, relevant and objective enterprise-level perspectives and assurance regarding, the effectiveness of governance, risk management and internal control. Audit teams are organized to support Ally's major business units and corporate functions and operate in accordance with the International Professional Practices Framework of the Institution of Internal Auditors (IIA).
Total Rewards Information
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and bonus pay potential based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid time-off program with an emphasis on work-life balance.
Ally offers a variety of benefits to protect your health and well-being, provide financial security and balance your work-life needs including:
- Industry-leading 401K Retirement Savings Plan including Matching and Company Contributions
- Comprehensive wellness program with financial incentives designed to help you achieve your best health
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax dependent care and commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including Paid Parental & Caregiver Leave, Adoption Assistance, Back-up Child & Adult/Elder Care, Child Care Discounts, Tuition Reimbursement, LifeMatters Employee Assistance Program, Weight Watchers and other employee discount programs
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
ALLY JOB REQUISITION: 16-6286
POSITION LEVEL: Experienced
AVAILABLE WORK LOCATIONS: Michigan (Detroit)