Ally Financial Credit Risk Analyst in Detroit, Michigan
Jun 17, 2016
Ally Financial Inc. is a leading automotive financial services company powered by a top direct banking franchise with the opportunity, experience and people to redefine the industry.
Ally's automotive services business offers a full suite of financing products and services, including new and used vehicle inventory and consumer financing, leasing, inventory insurance, commercial loans and vehicle remarketing services. Ally Bank, the company's direct banking subsidiary and member FDIC, offers an array of deposit products, including certificates of deposit, savings accounts, money market accounts, IRA deposit products and interest checking. Ally's Corporate Finance unit provides financing to middle-market companies across a broad range of industries.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function Description
Ally Financials Risk function analyzes and manages Ally's exposure to internal and external risk factors. The function strives to achieve an appropriate balance between risk and return, to limit unnecessary risk, and to protect the company's financial returns.
This position is located within the Portfolio Reporting team of the Consumer Automotive Credit Risk organization and is based in Detroit, Michigan.
This position is primarily responsible for preparing and coordinating essential meeting materials in support of several monthly risk committee meetings. Additional standard and ad hoc management reporting duties are also performed.
The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate reliability and accountability while preparing, validating, and reconciling reporting deliverables.
- Coordinate the preparation of the monthly Consumer Automotive Risk Committee (ARC) presentation materials
- Prepare updated consumer automotive risk materials for the Enterprise Risk Management Committee (ERMC) and the Risk and Compliance Committee (RCC) meetings
- Perform monthly security audits related to user access of restricted server locations
- Maintain process documentation and desk procedures for all deliverables
- Prepare ad hoc requests and analyses
- Assist with regulatory reporting and quarter-end close processes as directed
- Bachelor's degree required (preferably in Finance, Accounting, or Economics)
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel required
- Prior experience in a reporting/analytical role, preferably in the financial services industry
- Ability to initiate proactively to effectively manage multiple priorities
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong work ethic, persistence, and determination in reviewing and validating work
- Ability to produce deliverables accurately and on time
- Desire to take full ownership of deliverables and be accountable for results
- Ability to work as needed to ensure deadlines are met
- Ability to draw conclusions, provide explanations, and make recommendations based on analysis
- Possess good leadership and interpersonal skills and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Able to work effectively within all levels of the organization including senior management
- Willingness and ability to continually improve processes and document procedures for producing deliverables
- Familiarity with Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) a plus
- Data mining experience using MS Access and/or SAS are a plus
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and pay-for-performance incentives (bonuses) based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid-time-off program including time off for volunteer opportunities. Ally's Total Rewards Program is designed to enrich your life at work -- and outside of it and includes:
- Industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions
- Wellness program encouraging healthy living with financial rewards
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including parental and caregiver leave, adoption assistance, backup child and adult/elder day care program, child care discounts, tuition reimbursement, LifeMatters® Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight Watchers® program and other employee discount programs
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
ALLY JOB REQUISITION: 16-5727
POSITION LEVEL: Entry Level
AVAILABLE WORK LOCATIONS: Michigan (Detroit)