Ally Financial Early Talent Developer in Detroit, Michigan
Sep 19, 2016
Ally Financial Inc. is a leading automotive financial services company powered by a top direct banking franchise with the opportunity, experience and people to redefine the industry.
Ally's automotive services business offers a full suite of financing products and services, including new and used vehicle inventory and consumer financing, leasing, inventory insurance, commercial loans and vehicle remarketing services. Ally Bank, the company's direct banking subsidiary and member FDIC, offers an array of deposit products, including certificates of deposit, savings accounts, money market accounts, IRA deposit products and interest checking. Ally's Commercial Finance unit provides financing to middle-market companies across a broad range of industries.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function Description
Ally's IT organization is focused on supporting and improving the position of its industry-leading business franchises through cost effective, innovative IT solutions as well as overseeing critical functions that enable the day-to-day operations of the entire Ally Financial enterprise. IT is also responsible for the administration and execution of information protection, disaster recovery and IT risk management.
Ally's Technology Early Talent Program is a 12-month experience designed to uncover your potential, advance your technical skills and jumpstart your career in technology. As a participant in this program, you will have the opportunity to grow your experience and education while making a measurable impact on how Ally does business.
2017 Technology Early Talent Program
- Jump start your career through our Immersive Technical Training Bootcamp
- Enhance your skills with our Quarterly Learning series
- Drive results through work on real world projects and initiatives
- Meet and learn from Ally's top technology executives
- Receive mentoring and career development support from your personal mentor and team leader
- Find a sense of community through networking and events with your fellow program participants
We will equip you with everything you need to build the foundation for a rewarding career in Technology. If you are looking to make a real impact, while developing professionally and expanding your horizons at one of the most innovative companies in the industry, your wait is over.
The program consists of working within one of the following business units:
- Bank Technology
- Dealer Financial Services
- Auto Advantage
- Corporate Technology
- Technology Infrastructure
- Information Protection & Risk Management
- Customer Information & Analytics
- Digital Channel Technology
The Early Talent Developerwill participate in a one-year program providing high potential graduates with hands-on experience in the end to end delivery of innovative technology solutions. Individual opportunities will focus on the design, development and deployment of state-of-the-art applications using Java, .NET, iOS and Web Services to power and improve our business
- Collaborates with other developers and provides significant contributions to develop specifications to resolve business client questions, problems, and to address enhancement needs.
- Uses technical knowledge, creativity and company practices and priorities to obtain solutions to complex problems.
- Interfaces with Sr. Developers and cross-functionally between teams to provide and obtain information and to build consensus regarding project direction
- Interacts directly with business clients.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, information systems, computer engineering or information assurance / cyber security is preferred -- additional technical majors or business major with technical concentration may be applicable
- GPA greater than or equal to 3.0
- Passion and aptitude for technology
- Solid technical and analytical skills, coupled with sharp business acumen
- Prior internship and/or work experience in IT or related areas
- Geographic mobility (opportunities available in Charlotte, NC and Detroit, MI)
- Legal authorization to work in the country/region where the business is hiring is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and pay-for-performance incentives (bonuses) based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid-time-off program including time off for volunteer opportunities. Ally's Total Rewards Program is designed to enrich your life at work -- and outside of it and includes:
- Industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions
- Wellness program encouraging healthy living with financial rewards
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including parental and caregiver leave, adoption assistance, backup child and adult/elder day care program, child care discounts, tuition reimbursement, LifeMatters® Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight Watchers® program and other employee discount programs
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
ALLY JOB REQUISITION: 16-6186
POSITION LEVEL: Entry Level
AVAILABLE WORK LOCATIONS: Michigan (Detroit)