Ally Financial Lead Auditor, Finance and Accounting in Detroit, Michigan
Sep 23, 2016
Responsible for leading and executing assigned audit and advisory activities primarily relating to the Finance, Accounting and Human Resource functions of Ally Financial.
Responsible for leading and executing assigned audits and activities including identifying and assessing process risks, flowcharting business processes including the supporting IT applications, identifying and evaluating the design and operational effectiveness of controls, executing audit test and documenting results. During the audit process, completes work in accordance with Ally's audit methodology and applicable standards within defined plans, budgets, and schedules.
- Lead execution (in-charge) of audits in accordance with Audit Services policies and procedures.
- Manage plan, budget and schedule for assigned audits.
- Supervise assigned auditors on a project by project basis.
- Review work performed by Staff and Senior Auditors.
- Develop, execute, and document audit tests in accordance with Audit Services policies and procedures.
- Establishes relationships with business leaders while conducting individual audits.
- Utilize sound analytical and technical skills to provide consultation to management regarding emerging control practices.
- Lead audit fieldwork execution, including: tests of controls and substantive tests of details
- Analyze business process and internal control documentation and develop written summary of audit findings to review with Audit Management.
- Perform and manage ad hoc projects as assigned.
- Identify root causes and provide meaningful recommendations.
- Identify root causes and articulate their relevance. Provide meaningful recommendations.
- Trains / mentors staff and senior auditors. Provide feedback on audit work performed.
- 4+ years of public accounting or internal audit experience desired (financial services/banking background preferred)
- CPA and/or CIA preferred
- Bachelor's or Master's degree (accounting preferred)
- Detail-oriented, deadline driven, self-directed and organized individual
- Ability to supervise junior team members
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Proven ability to excel in highly interactive team environment
- Able to understand risk and control concepts
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint)
- Available to travel
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally's legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function
Audit Services contributes to Ally's success by providing stakeholders with timely, relevant and objective enterprise-level perspectives and assurance regarding, the effectiveness of governance, risk management and internal control. Audit teams are organized to support Ally's major business units and corporate functions and operate in accordance with the International Professional Practices Framework of the Institution of Internal Auditors (IIA).
Total Rewards Information
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and bonus pay potential based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid time-off program with an emphasis on work-life balance.
Ally offers a variety of benefits to protect your health and well-being, provide financial security and balance your work-life needs including:
- Industry-leading 401K Retirement Savings Plan including Matching and Company Contributions
- Comprehensive wellness program with financial incentives designed to help you achieve your best health
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax dependent care and commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including Paid Parental & Caregiver Leave, Adoption Assistance, Back-up Child & Adult/Elder Care, Child Care Discounts, Tuition Reimbursement, LifeMatters Employee Assistance Program, Weight Watchers and other employee discount programs
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
ALLY JOB REQUISITION: 16-6257
POSITION LEVEL: Experienced
AVAILABLE WORK LOCATIONS: Michigan (Detroit), North Carolina (Charlotte)