Ally Financial Loss Forecast Analyst in Detroit, Michigan
May 26, 2016
Ally Financial Inc. is a leading automotive financial services company powered by a top direct banking franchise with the opportunity, experience and people to redefine the industry.
Ally's automotive services business offers a full suite of financing products and services, including new and used vehicle inventory and consumer financing, leasing, inventory insurance, commercial loans and vehicle remarketing services. Ally Bank, the company's direct banking subsidiary and member FDIC, offers an array of deposit products, including certificates of deposit, savings accounts, money market accounts, IRA deposit products and interest checking. Ally's Corporate Finance unit provides financing to middle-market companies across a broad range of industries.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function Description
Ally Financial's Risk function manages and analyzes Ally's exposure to internal and external risk factors. The function strives to achieve an appropriate balance between risk and return, to limit unnecessary risk, and to protect the company's financial returns.
The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for conducting complex financial analyses and in-depth research on credit-related or risk management issues, with a focus on modeling of the allowance, credit losses and provision line items in the financial statements. Analysis of the portfolio includes current and projected loss trends, asset quality, macroeconomic factors and other key business drivers. Additionally this individual will work on the development, maintenance, and analysis of credit portfolio reports and materials presented to all levels of management.
- Evaluate and clearly articulate the key drivers of changes and forecast variances in the reserve, credit losses and provision and downstream impacts to the balance sheet and income statement
- Understand and analyze changes in the balance sheet composition and key credit performance trends, and be able to explain if portfolios are performing to expectations
- Consolidate, analyze and review of credit loss forecast model output into meaningful reporting and presentations provided to senior management
- Collaborate in analytics and forecasting with various business partners including Finance, Servicing and other Risk teams to provide deliverables in a timely and accurate manner
- Maintain and evaluate existing business practices, as well as developing process improvements
- Conduct ad-hoc analytics and manage other various independent projects
- Education level: Bachelor's Degree Required (preferably in Finance, Accounting or Economics)
- Minimum of 1-3 years in performing analytics, management reporting or financial modeling in the financial services industry, preferably automotive lending
- Strong technical skills are required - specifically in MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint; data mining experience using SAS and MS Access is a plus
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Good organizational skills with the ability to work autonomously and initiate proactively
- Ability to translate modeling/analysis results into business recommendations
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Understanding of financial statements and related interdependencies
- Ability to work independently and accurately
- High level of interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with senior management
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deliver timely results
- Must be able to perform essential responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
- Position is in Detroit, MI
- Travel to other business locations may be required
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and pay-for-performance incentives (bonuses) based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid-time-off program including time off for volunteer opportunities. Ally's Total Rewards Program is designed to enrich your life at work -- and outside of it and includes:
- Industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions
- Wellness program encouraging healthy living with financial rewards
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including parental and caregiver leave, adoption assistance, backup child and adult/elder day care program, child care discounts, tuition reimbursement, LifeMatters® Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight Watchers® program and other employee discount programs
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
ALLY JOB REQUISITION: 16-5646
POSITION LEVEL: Experienced
AVAILABLE WORK LOCATIONS: Michigan (Detroit)