Ally Financial Paralegal - Legal Research Analyst in Detroit, Michigan
Aug 25, 2016
This Paralegal-Legal Research Analyst is responsible for providing legal support in connection with various matters related to the marketing and servicing of consumer automotive financing and leasing. On a daily basis this person will review various auto finance marketing materials (e.g. direct mail, digital, email marketing, social media) and support attorneys on various marketing initiatives. This person should have strong interest in, and ideally familiarity with, various consumer laws and regulations.
- Applies knowledge of enterprise goals, business environment, and functional needs to design and develop strategic plans; executes strategies and methods in alignment with enterprise goals and Legal Staff policies.
- Serves as trusted team member in support of Legal Staff attorneys and business teams. Demonstrates a track record of empathy and credibility.
- Maintains confidentiality and acts with integrity.
- Offers creative solutions to sensitive issues using multi-disciplined approach.
- Effectively manages sensitive and complex issues that impact Ally.
- Works in a collegial manner with other Legal Staff colleagues, accepts direction from Legal Staff leadership, and demonstrates effectiveness and clarity in conveying legal advice.
- Undergraduate Degree required from a reputable school and strong academic record
- Paralegal certificate preferred
- Working knowledge of laws, regulations and industry standards such as the FTC Act (UDAP), CAN-SPAM, and copyright/trademark requirements.
- 2 + years consumer regulatory experience preferred
- Heightened familiarity with consumer finance disclosure/protection legal requirements and issues
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong communication skills -- listening, verbal and written
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously in a timely manner
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally's legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function Description
The Ally Legal Staff is also responsible for Public Policy, Corporate Secretary, and Company Record Information Management.
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and pay-for-performance incentives (bonuses) based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid-time-off program including time off for volunteer opportunities. Ally's Total Rewards Program is designed to enrich your life at work -- and outside of it and includes:
- Industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions
- Wellness program encouraging healthy living with financial rewards
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including parental and caregiver leave, adoption assistance, backup child and adult/elder day care program, child care discounts, tuition reimbursement, LifeMatters® Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight Watchers® program and other employee discount programs.
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
ALLY JOB REQUISITION: 16-6039
POSITION LEVEL: Experienced
AVAILABLE WORK LOCATIONS: Michigan (Detroit)