Ally Financial Senior Accounting Analyst in Detroit, Michigan
Apr 14, 2016
Ally Financial Inc. is a leading automotive financial services company powered by a top direct banking franchise with the opportunity, experience and people to redefine the industry.
Ally's automotive services business offers a full suite of financing products and services, including new and used vehicle inventory and consumer financing, leasing, inventory insurance, commercial loans and vehicle remarketing services. Ally Bank, the company's direct banking subsidiary and member FDIC, offers an array of deposit products, including certificates of deposit, savings accounts, money market accounts, IRA deposit products and interest checking. Ally's Corporate Finance unit provides financing to middle-market companies across a broad range of industries.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function
Finance strives to be a trusted adviser to the enterprise and prides itself on maintaining the highest level of integrity and accountability. Finance is responsible for finance reporting, financial analysis, accounting, strategy and planning, tax and investor relations.
This position is responsible for certain aspects of the annual budget and monthly forecast updates, the reporting and variance analysis of monthly and quarterly results, strategic scenario planning, and other business analysis.
- Manage and improve the process and models for the planning and analysis of various revenue, expense and balance sheet items
- Develop new or enhanced financial models to support changing business needs
- Partner with business leaders/budget owners in the bottoms-up development of key assumptions and financial performance metrics
- Interpret financial and operational data and effectively illustrate/communicate links to business performance
- Create and update management review materials (business plan and forecast update decks)
- Drive audit compliance within the areas for which you are responsible
- Contribute to ad hoc analytical projects as necessary both within and beyond your primary area of focus
- Work collaboratively with Finance, Risk, Treasury and other partners to ensure enterprise objectives are met
- Minimum 3-5 years previous work experience in Finance or related field required
- BS/BBA degree in Accounting/Finance or related field required
- Advanced degree or CPA/CFA (or working toward) preferred
- Proven track record of driving for results with minimal ongoing direction
- Proven track record of influencing decisions with great analytics and financial models
- Attention to detail balanced with knowing the right altitude necessary to deliver on requirements
- Energetic and inquisitive, quick learner, takes initiative
- Ability to work in a complex matrix organization and to operate in ambiguity
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and pay-for-performance incentives (bonuses) based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid-time-off program including time off for volunteer opportunities. Ally's Total Rewards Program is designed to enrich your life at work -- and outside of it and includes:
- Industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions
- Wellness program encouraging healthy living with financial rewards
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including parental and caregiver leave, adoption assistance, backup child and adult/elder day care program, child care discounts, tuition reimbursement, LifeMatters® Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight Watchers® program and other employee discount programs
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
ALLY JOB REQUISITION: 16-5475
POSITION LEVEL: Experienced
AVAILABLE WORK LOCATIONS: Michigan (Detroit)