Ally Financial Senior Data Analyst BI & Analytics in Detroit, Michigan
Sep 14, 2016
This position will be responsible for using data to analyze market and business trends to increase profits and efficiency within the Ally Insurance Operations Business Unit. Extensive business data and process knowledge will be obtained and used, as well as looking at competitor data and industry trends to help develop a picture of where the company stands in the industry, where we can improve and where we can reduce costs. This person will be responsible to learn our product data in 4 operational systems to obtain an overall picture of our Insurance business.
A clear understanding of the business use around downstream data is required to ensure success. This position will work closely with our resident subject matter expert's in the data management & configuration department. This person will also assist the data management team in understanding where the greatest cost benefit can be obtained in system consolidation projects. Participation in Data Governance activities, as well as other corporate data initiatives may also be required, but this is not a core function.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Work closely with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Develop and implement data collection systems and strategies that optimize efficiency and data quality
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain consolidation processes
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Information Science or similar background
- Ability to work across cultures and functions
- Strong Microsoft Access, Excel, and Power Point skills
- Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Oracle SQL and Cognos
- Technical expertise working with data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing large datasets (Prefer proficiency in SAS)
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally's legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function Description
Ally Insurance is a leading provider of automobile-related insurance, vehicle maintenance and reinsurance products, and services for automobile dealers and their customers. Ally offers vehicle service and maintenance contracts, including our flagship, industry leading product, Ally Premier Protection which is available for new and used vehicles of virtually all makes and models, as well as other ancillary F&I; products, such as our GAP and Tire & Wheel products. Ally Insurance also services the insurance needs of our dealers' businesses by offering dealer inventory insurance, and liability and property protection, as well as provides training and consultative services to help their businesses succeed.
Total Rewards Information
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and bonus pay potential based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paidtime-off program with an emphasis on work-life balance.
Ally offers a variety of benefits to protect your health and well-being, provide financial security and balance your work-life needs including:
- Industry-leading 401K Retirement Savings Plan including Matching and Company Contributions
- Comprehensive wellness program with financial incentives designed to help you achieve your best health
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax dependent care and commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including Paid Parental& Caregiver Leave, Adoption Assistance, Back-up Child & Adult/Elder Care, Child Care Discounts, Tuition Reimbursement, LifeMatters Employee Assistance Program, Weight Watchers and other employee discount programs
Ally extends equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other reason prohibited by law.
ALLY JOB REQUISITION: 16-6179
POSITION LEVEL: Experienced
AVAILABLE WORK LOCATIONS: Michigan (Detroit)