Ally Financial Sr. Systems Analyst in Detroit, Michigan
Feb 29, 2016
Ally Financial Inc. is a leading automotive financial services company powered by a top direct banking franchise with the opportunity, experience and people to redefine the industry.
Ally's automotive services business offers a full suite of financing products and services, including new and used vehicle inventory and consumer financing, leasing, inventory insurance, commercial loans and vehicle remarketing services. Ally Bank, the company's direct banking subsidiary and member FDIC, offers an array of deposit products, including certificates of deposit, savings accounts, money market accounts, IRA deposit products and interest checking. Ally's Commercial Finance unit provides financing to middle-market companies across a broad range of industries.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function Description
Ally's world-class IT organization supports an information technology driven business. We deliver industry-leading IT solutions to the "Best Online Bank" (Money Magazine, 2011 and 2012) and the leading Auto Finance Company. IT oversees critical functions that enable the day-to-day operations of the entire Ally Financial enterprise.
Participates in the requirements development for applying business needs to technical applications. May be involved with various aspects of the requirements design process. May define and document internal and external user interfaces and support system and data requirement clarification and definition. May support prototyping activities that will validate business requirements, solution definition and minimize risk. Works directly with team members from business sectors and the applications development team. May assist in quality assurance and defining testing strategy and risks.
Uses a broad and deep understanding of technical concepts in multiple specialized fields to develop solutions to problems and critical design issues. Work assignments are typically focused on critical products for the organization. Works independently and will likely supervise the work of lower level personnel or vendor resources. Understands company goals and practices and applies them when resolving a variety of problems. Receives only general instructions on new work. Uses judgment and creativity and sound technical knowledge to obtain and recommend solutions. May interface with senior management to convey information.
- Serves as a high-level technical expert in the design, coding, testing, support and debugging of existing Salesforce instances & new functionalities
- May serve as a team lead by directing and evaluating the work of lower level software developers and/or vendor resources.
- Works with various internal and external IT partners to deploy best solutions including Architecture, Security, DBAs, Development and Operations
- Develops specifications to resolve business client questions, problems, and to address enhancement needs. Interacts directly with Program Leads. May serve as a mentor or provide work direction to lower level developers as needed
- Troubleshoots or addresses significant limitations or problems of technology applications.
- Understands how the IT group operates and how his/her role meets customer needs and creates value. Understands how Ally operates and the interactions between departments and customer groups.
- Uses several analytical techniques to break apart complex problems into component parts. Uses several analytical techniques to identify several solutions and weighs the value of each.
- When faced with critical problems or issues, acts decisively. Does not over-analyze the problem or not act in the hope that the problem will resolve itself. Responds in a way that will improve the standing of Ally.
- Takes initiative to work on challenging or "stretch" work assignments. Takes full advantage of opportunities to develop his/her skills. Uses feedback constructively to increase work performance
- Tailors the information to appeal to the level and interest of others (e.g., appeals to reason, data, uses concrete examples) and prepares for others questions or reactions.
- Outlines potential cost/savings outcomes of technology use.
- Makes a commitment to ensure that a customer's needs are met by taking personal responsibility for service and quality.
- Follows up to monitor satisfaction and responds to additional requests or problems quickly
- BS and 8 + years or equivalent
- Subject Matter Expertise of Salesforce.com and CRM solutions
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com Integration components (API's, Apex Controllers, Apex Web Services, Apex callouts, outbound messaging and Data loaders)
- Knowledge and experience in Salesforce system implementation experience including custom APEX and Visualforce solutions
- Knowledge of Key technologies like: SalesForce Service Cloud, J2EE, SOA, MS SQL, Oracle RDBMS, and Data Stage.
- Knowledge of all phases of software development including design, coding, testing, debugging, implementation, and support
- Knowledge of the system requirements definition (RD) processes and modeling methods and tools
- Knowledge of conceptual and logical modeling
- Ability to thoroughly understand the business issues surrounding each project
- Ability to respond directly to questions from business clients
- Ability to coach and mentor other lower level associates and/or vendor resources
- Ability to support prototyping activities that will validate business requirements and solution definition
- Ability to apply general organizational knowledge of the business and systems processes in problem analysis
- Ability to work with functional leads to transform and develop new requirements into Salesforce.com design and implementation.
- Ability to manage multiple development activities & projects.
- Ability to think critically and develop high quality project deliverables and ensures technology solution meets requirements.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and pay-for-performance incentives (bonuses) based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid-time-off program including time off for volunteer opportunities. Ally's Total Rewards Program is designed to enrich your life at work -- and outside of it and includes:
- Industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions
- Wellness program encouraging healthy living with financial rewards
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including parental and caregiver leave, adoption assistance, backup child and adult/elder day care program, child care discounts, tuition reimbursement, LifeMatters® Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight Watchers® program and other employee discount programs
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
ALLY JOB REQUISITION: 16-5244
POSITION LEVEL: Experienced
AVAILABLE WORK LOCATIONS: Michigan (Detroit)