Ally Financial Sr. Technical Business Analyst in Detroit, Michigan
Apr 26, 2016
Assists with eliciting, analyzing, validating and managing the real needs of project stakeholders, including business customers and end-users. Serves as a conduit between the business/customer community and the application team. Manages requirements using system requirement definition, case development, conceptual and logical modeling, and class diagramming. Develops relationships with business partners to ensure that requirements are understood and technical documentation appropriately reflects the business process/need. Offers practical and creative solutions to issues or conflicts between business partners and project management or technical resources. May supervise work of project team members (Ally employees or vendors); coaches and mentors team members on business - technical skills. Provides analytical support and consulting on projects to ensure system and business requirements are clearly documented and understood during the design and development of the application.**
- Has thorough understanding of technical concepts required for specialized field.
- Uses that knowledge, creativity and company practices and priorities to obtain solutions to complex problems.
- Provides work leadership to others.
- Interfaces with senior management to provide and obtain information and to build consensus regarding project direction.
- BS and 6 + years or equivalent
- Expert knowledge of the system requirements definition (RD) processes and modeling methods and tools
- Expert knowledge of conceptual and logical modeling
- Expert in technical issue resolutions
- Ability to work with business representatives and apply business expertise to ensure quality and accuracy in articulating the business needs into technical application requirements
- Ability to apply organizational awareness in systems, business, and data processes to translate business and system requirements and objectives into systems deliverables
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally's legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function Description
Ally Insuranceis a leading provider of automobile-related insurance, vehicle maintenance and reinsurance products, and services for automobile dealers and their customers. The business focuses on developing and maintaining robust and lasting relationships developed directly with our dealers. By partnering with them, we are best able to offer them comprehensive solutions for their business, and valuable products and services to consumers.
The business offers vehicle service and maintenance contracts, including our flagship, industry leading product, Ally Premier Protection which is available for new and used vehicles of virtually all makes and models, as well as other ancillary F-I products, such as our GAP and Tire - Wheel products. Ally Insurance also services the insurance needs of our dealers' businesses by offering dealer inventory insurance, and liability and property protection, as well as provides training and consultative services to help their business' succeed.**
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and bonus pay potential based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid time-off program with an emphasis on work-life balance.
Ally offers a variety of benefits to protect your health and well-being, provide financial security and balance your work-life needs including:
- Industry-leading 401K Retirement Savings Plan including Matching and Company Contributions
- Comprehensive wellness program with financial incentives designed to help you achieve your best health
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax dependent care and commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including Paid Parental & Caregiver Leave, Adoption Assistance, Back-up Child & Adult/Elder Care, Child Care Discounts, Tuition Reimbursement, LifeMatters Employee Assistance Program, Weight Watchers and other employee discount programs
Ally extends equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other reason prohibited by law.
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
ALLY JOB REQUISITION: 16-5526
POSITION LEVEL: Experienced
AVAILABLE WORK LOCATIONS: Michigan (Detroit), North Carolina (Charlotte)