Ally Financial Technology Associate Intern in Detroit, Michigan
Aug 23, 2016
Your internship with Ally will move you from Educated to Experienced; connecting you with diverse teams and functions across the country. You will have the opportunity to interact with Ally's leadership and learn from their personal successes. The Ally internship program seeks to guide and mentor students with development opportunities designed to provide a bridge between the academic world and the world of business. Ally's internship program offers the following components:
- Market competitive compensation
- Formal company orientation and training
- Executive speaking series
- Experienced mentors
- Hands on experience
- Project based work
- Leadership and career development
- Networking opportunities
The Technology Associate Internwill participate in a 12-week program providing students with hands-on experience in the end to end delivery of innovative technology solutions. Individual opportunities may include one of the following:
Business analysis: using key client-facing skills and deep technical expertise to bridge business and technology and create powerful specifications
Project and delivery management: bringing new applications online using Waterfall and Agile Development lifecycle methodologies
Cyber Security: securing and protecting Ally's technology and information assets
Technology Infrastructure:delivering excellence, quality and stability to the enterprise through innovative hosting, platform, communications and service management solutions
The program consists of working within one of the following technology teams:
- Bank Technology
- Dealer Financial Services
- Auto Advantage
- Corporate Technology
- Technology Infrastructure
- Information Protection & Risk Management
- Customer Information & Analytics
- Digital Channel Technology
- Attend formal company orientation and training
- Participate in executive speaking series
- Have hands on experience in area of study; as well as participate in project based work
- Communicate regularly with mentors
- Lead an end of assignment presentation
- Demonstrates a background and/or strong interest in the technology industry.
- A rising Senior in a full-time undergraduate program in the fields of computer science, information systems, computer engineering or information assurance / cyber security is preferred -- additional technical majors or business majors with technical concentration may be applicable
- Maintain a GPA of at least 3.0
- Strong candidates will possess strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- A passion for the financial services industry is strongly preferred.
- Candidates should reside, or be willing to relocate, within a commutable distance to the Ally location to which they are assigned.
- Eligible to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship from the company.
Ally Financial is a leading digital financial services company offering products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally has an innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers.
The business comprises an award-winning online bank, one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function Description
Ally's IT organization is focused on supporting and improving the position of its industry-leading business franchises through cost effective, innovative IT solutions as well as overseeing critical functions that enable the day-to-day operations of the entire Ally Financial enterprise. IT is also responsible for the administration and execution of information protection, disaster recovery and IT risk management
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
ALLY JOB REQUISITION: 16-6029
POSITION LEVEL: Intern
AVAILABLE WORK LOCATIONS: Michigan (Detroit)