State Street AIS Private Equity Fund Services Specialist , Associate 2 in Dublin City Centre, Ireland
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
- This position is within the Private Equity Fund Administration Business Unit of the State Street Alternative Investment Services Group.
- Under direct supervision, the Fund Administrator, Associate 2 provides assistance with the daily cash management, custody and accounting, and reporting functions to support the fund administration role. The Fund Administrator, Assoc 2 interacts with all levels of personnel and occasionally interacts with clients or client contacts. The Fund Administrator, Assc 2 handles the day-to-day accounting and related administration for one or more client sponsored Private Equity Partnership investment funds.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation and/or review of periodic cash or other bank reconciliations for all fund entities
- Accounts payable, distribution and investment funding processing including preparation and/or review of checks and/or wires and seeking appropriate approval
- Monitoring USD and non-USD cash movement to ensure proper and timely settlement
- Reconciliation, preparation and/or review of capital call and management fee calculations
- Preparation and/or review and processing of general journal entries
- Preparation of quarterly and annual financial work papers including, but not limited to, portfolio schedules, accrual work papers and partners’ capital allocations and capital statements
- Preparation of quarterly and annual financial statement drafts (location specific - NJ)
- Preparation of work papers in support of annual tax filings or providing documents for third-party preparation (location specific - NJ)
- Maintaining electronic and hard copy client files on a daily basis and archiving as necessary
- Maintenance of general ledger, including preparation and update of system generated reports and/or financial statements
- Interacting with auditors providing requested information as needed
- Monitoring USD and non-USD cash movement to ensure proper and timely settlement.
- Preparation and/or review of various client related correspondence including audit confirmations and investor requests
- Participation in special client or internal projects as required
- Assist in training Fund Administrator, Assc 1
* _Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required_*
- Excellent administrative, organisational and business support skills, with the ability to multi-task and to work calmly under pressure.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Possess excellent organisational, planning and co-ordination skills.
- Ability to work accurately to tight deadlines
- Proactive and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Candidates must have a college degree (accounting degree strongly preferred; business, mathematics, finance or economics degree required)
- Accurate and Precise
- Team Oriented
Excellent communications skills
State Street Job ID: 160320
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: AIS Private Equity Fund Services Specialist , Associate 2
Job ID: 160320
Full/Part Time: Full FTE
Location: Ireland - Dublin City Centre