Indian Health Service Supervisory Pharmacist in Eagle Butte, South Dakota
Indian Health Service
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Eagle Butte, SD
Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent
Opened Friday 7/22/2016 (91 day(s) ago)
** Closes Saturday 12/31/2016 (71 day(s) away)
Become a part of an innovative, dynamic, nationwide organization of dedicated health care providers working to meet the individual health care needs of American Indians and Alaska Natives. Indian Health Service (IHS) employees are considerate in our care, creative in our approach, enthusiastic about our work and compassionate with our patients.
Our lifestyle is adventurous, community oriented and focused on service and problem solving as part of a professional interdisciplinary team. Join us in improving the health outcomes of 2.2 million American Indians and Alaska Natives.
This position is located within the Pharmacy Department of Health & Human Services (HHS), Indian Health Services (IHS), Northern Plains Region, Great Plains Area, Eagle Butte, South Dakota. The primary purpose of this position is to supervise the pharmacy program for the hospital and clinic. This position reports directly to the Clinical Service Administrator.
The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This position is being announced concurrently under Delegated Examining procedures. Please review vacancy announcement number IHS-16-GP-1759348-DE for eligibility requirements.
NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered
- Responsible for the total operation of the pharmacy department.
- Provide pharmaceutical services in the outpatient, inpatient, satellite clinic, and emergency department settings.
- Provide medical information support to health care employees.
- Optimize medication delivery systems.
- Assure appropriateness of drug therapy in the provision of direct patient care.
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional travel may be required for training and/or other work related duties.
- Selectee will be subject to a pre-employment fingerprint check.
- Selectee will be subject to a background investigation.
- Selectee will be subject to a probationary/trial period.
- ESEP appointees typically serve two year trial period.
- More than one selection may be made from this announcement.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- Confidential Financial Disclosure Form required.
- A Current, Valid, Unrestricted Professional License must be maintained.
To qualify for this position, your resume must state sufficient experience and/or education, to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are applying. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer and part time experience. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
For positions requiring positive education requirements, or if you are using education to meet all or part of the qualification requirements, you MUST submit a copy of your transcripts or an itemized list of college courses which includes equivalent information from the transcript (course title, semester/quarter hours, and grade/degree earned) in your resume.
BASIC REQUIREMENT(S): Education:Four-year bachelor's degree in pharmacy recognized by the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education.
Licensure:Except for research positions that do not entail patient care, all applicants must be licensed to practice pharmacy in a State, territory of the United States, or the District of Columbia. Applicants who meet the basic requirements qualify for GS-7.
For GS-13 and above:One year of professional pharmacy experience equivalent to at least the next lower grade level.
In addition, to the Basic Requirements, you must also meet the Minimum Qualifications stated below- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Your resume must demonstrate at least one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the next lower grade level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector performing the following type of work and/or tasks:
Additional Requirements for Grades GS-9 and Above For GS-13 and above: One year of professional pharmacy experience equivalent to at least the next lower grade level.
Specialized Experience GS-13: Experience providing overall direction and leadership to pharmacy department staff. Experience establishing, implementing and following through with long and short term goals of a pharmacy department. Experience evaluating overall performance of staff and the department as a whole and insuring accreditation standards are adhered to and met.
Medical Requirements: Applicants must be able to distinguish basic colors.
This position requires that you obtain and maintain clinical privileges. If they are not obtained or maintained during employment, the employee may be subject to adverse actions, up to and including removal from the Federal service. Time-In-Grade Requirements: Merit Promotion (status) candidates must have completed one year of service at the next lower grade level. Time-In-Grade provisions do not apply under the Excepted Service Examining Plan (ESEP).
You must meet the requirements of the job by 11:59 pm (Eastern Standard Time) of the closing date: Saturday, December 31, 2016
Public Trust - Background Investigation
What To Expect Next
You can track the progress of your application package via your USAJOBS account. You will receive an acknowledgement from USAJOBS that your submission was successful once we have received your on-line occupational questionnaire, resume, and any supporting documentation. You will be notified of the status of your application via your USAJOBS Account after we conduct a qualification review of your complete application package. You will be contacted if further evaluation or interviews are required. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempt to conceal information may disqualify you for employment consideration. We may verify all information you provide in your resume and questionnaire responses, through reference and/or background check, and/or verification of your education. If you are selected, you will be contacted personally by the Human Resources (HR) office posting this announcement.
You will no longer need to call the HR Office to determine your application status. USAJOBS has added an alert setting to their system to provide status updates for applicants. You can elect to activate the status updates from your USAJOBS profile at any point during the application process.
If all required documentation is not submitted with your application you will lose consideration. It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information and documents entered, uploaded, or faxed is received, legible and accurate. HR will not modify answers submitted by an applicant.
Indian Health Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer
You can review our benefits at https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/PayandBenefits
Federal Employees earn annual leave at a rate (4, 6 or 8 hours per pay period) which is based on the number of years they have served as a Federal employee. IHS may offer newly-appointed Federal employees credit for their directly related previous non-federal experience or active duty uniformed military service. This credited service can be used in determining the rate at which annual leave is earned. CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Security Clearance: If you are selected for this vacancy, you must undergo a pre-employment fingerprint check and background investigation. Fingerprint results and background investigation documentation must be cleared prior to hire. You will receive instructions on how to obtain and submit fingerprints and background investigation documentation. After you begin your employment, your continued employment is contingent upon the outcome of a complete background investigation as determined by the sensitivity level of your position. The investigation must find that you are suitable for Federal employment in your position. If you are found not suitable, you will be terminated after you begin work. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or subject to possible criminal charges.
- Measles and Rubella immunization required for selectees born after 1957.
- A one-year supervisory/managerial probationary period may be required upon selection/placement. (Supervisory positions only)
- Selectee(s) are required to have a viable bank account at a financial institution for electronic direct deposit of salary payment.
- This position requires that you obtain and maintain clinical privileges. If they are not obtained or maintained during employment, the employee may be subject to adverse actions, up to and including removal from the Federal service.
- Government Housing IS available.
- Relocation Expense is not authorized but a Relocation or Recruitment Incentive may be offered.
IHS - Operated Properties are tobacco free
Salary Range: $115,700.00 to $137,858.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0660-13/13
Promotion Potential: 13
Supervisory Status: Yes
Who May Apply: Candidates eligible under Indian Preference appointing authority (ESEP); All Federal employees serving on a career or career-conditional appointment; Reinstatement eligible; Veterans Preference including Veterans Employment Opportunities Act of 1998 (VEOA); Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) eligible or Schedule A, and/or PHS Commissioned Corp Personnel.
Control Number: 445504200
Job Announcement Number: IHS-16-GP-1759213-ESEP/MP