Citi Fund Accounting Manager in Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Primary Location: United Kingdom,Scotland,Edinburgh
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Operations
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 16066448
Citi Edinburgh is a friendly, close-knit environment based in a new state of the art office, based over 2 floors. Next to beside beautiful Arthur Seat, Holyrood Palace and the Scottish Parliament it’s just a 10 minute walk from Waverley Station and is a central and easily accessible location with superb cycle links.
Citi was first established in the UK in 1912 and the Edinburgh office opened in 1976 to support the Asset Management Industry. The fund accounting operation was established in Edinburgh in 2003 and there are currently c. 250 employees.
Senior Manager - Valuations and Shared Services
• Responsible for owning and managing the Valuation and Shared Service area for a key Citi client.
• Ensure all client deliverables are met and are timely and accurate. Ensure any delays are escalated and communicated to Senior Management.
• Take an active role in the client’s service quality through direct and frequent interaction with client representatives in relation to key deliverables and client initiatives.
• Ensure client confidence in Citi’s ability to deliver a good quality service to its clients through strong professional interaction
• Develop and maintain positive and constructive working relationships with various internal Citi stakeholders, and with clients as required.
• Preparation of management information and reporting to senior management level.
• Working closely with other relevant Section Managers within Operations and other stakeholders to ensure that process risks are minimised.
• Provide help to define team and department business needs and requirements, allocate resources and drive new developments and enhancements to create a continuous improvement model within the team.
• Ensure quality in the implementation of system and process improvements within the department and ensure best practice is shared across the site. GTS SFS Edinburgh is the centre of operations and service to UK funds industry clients. It has key outsourcing clients and a growing book of clients receiving administration and accounting services. Our business plan is one of expansion through selected deals to service clients requiring a service to administer UK based funds.
• Client ownership is key for the Edinburgh franchise in relation to this client and there is a more distributed model with COE Locations. The Client needs to see a single face of Citi, and the Oversight and validation model is of high importance to them.
• Candidate should have significant experience in a managerial capacity within a fund accounting area, with knowledge of and exposure to the UK and European funds industry. This could be either within a third party provider or an asset manager.
• Knowledge of the management of offshore locations, including activity migration
• Working knowledge of the KPI process and management of deliverables against Service Credit Criteria
• Educated to degree standard
• Qualified Accountant
• Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
• Valuing diversity. Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organizational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer