HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Sonographer II (Reg)-Free Standing ER / PRN in El Paso, Texas
POSITION SUMMARY: The diagnostic Sonographer II is a skilled person qualified by academic and clinical training to provide patient services using diagnostic ultrasound under the supervision of a physician of osteopath responsible for the use and interpretation of ultrasound procedures. The Sonographer may be involved with the patients of the physicians in any medical setting of which the physician is responsible.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: 1. Check the physician’s requisition for complete information on the procedure requested; refer any questions to the Radiologist before performing the procedure. 1. Reviews the patient’s chart to obtain pertinent clinical history, correlative test results, and laboratory data. 1. Position the patient for examination, explain the procedure, and give necessary instructions for carrying out the procedure. 1. Operate ultrasound equipment to its full capability with knowledge of an A-mode, M-mode, B-mode, Doppler, and real time techniques, selecting the proper transducer frequency and diameter for performance of the examination. 1. Capable of recognizing a diagnostic quality scan as well as artifacts from anatomic/pathologic structures that are visualized on the oscilloscope. 1. Demonstrates Customer Service/Service Plus principles and behaviors appropriately. 1. Other duties as assigned.
*PERFORMANCE OUTCOMES: *
- Individual Leadership/Practices Professionalism: *Performs, participates, implements and evaluates personal performance, opportunities for personal growth and ability to change. *
- *Customer Service: *Demonstrates customer service skills with both internal and external customers. Treats patients/customers as individuals with unique values, beliefs and practices.
- *Hospital/Departmental Policies and Procedures: *Knowledgeable of all policies and procedures that affect the outcomes and safety of patient care, and employee rights and responsibilities.
- *Performance Improvement: *Performs, participates, implements and evaluates performance improvement activities within the departmental level
- *Financial Accountability: *Identifies opportunities for waste reduction and department efficiency
- *Communication: *Works as a team member through interaction, assistance and demonstration
- Job Specific: Sonographer II
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately) High School graduate or equivalent and 2 years allied health background in an AMA accredited program or 2 years of college required.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: (list required and preferred separately) Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS) or be able to pass registry exam within two years of graduation from Ultrasound Program is required. Current BCLS certification required.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately) Two years experience/training in diagnostic ultrasound in at least two specialty areas, examples; abdomen and Ob/Gyn preferred. Some healthcare experience preferred.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES: Must be mature and responsible, able to use initiative and independent judgment when necessary, and capable of working without supervision within guidelines established by the supervisor. Self-motivation with regard to increasing one’s level of understanding and knowledge of the field is important, as is a background that will qualify one to teach diagnostic ultrasound required.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES: (continued) Knowledge of ultrasound techniques should be thorough. The general Sonographer should have current knowledge of neurology, abdominal, obstetric, and gynecologic applications. One year of hands-on experience in at least two specialty areas, after completion of the program, will be required. Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
Title: Sonographer II (Reg)-Free Standing ER / PRN
Location: Texas-El Paso-Del Sol Medical Center - El Paso
Requisition ID: 01512-16305