Comcast Client Integration Engineer in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Engineering and Platform Services helps drive the new generation of products that are transforming Comcast into a media and technology company. Engineering manages the operations for Comcast's industry-leading video, high-speed Internet and voice services for consumers and businesses, and runs a network that supports numerous multi-billion dollar businesses.
Comcast Platform Services includes four companies owned by Comcast, namely FreeWheel, STRATA, Visible World and thePlatform, plus the Comcast Wholesale, Advanced Advertising, and Advertising Technology organizations. These companies are creating next-generation technology for the fast-growing advanced advertising market. They enable and innovate solutions to support both traditional and emerging programmatic and premium advertising markets through our platforms, data, marketplace and sales channels.
The Client Integration Engineer (CIE) a diverse, hybrid role requiring a technical background in core-programming (preferably Javaand web technologies, excellent communication and project management skills, as well as the desire and skill to design and implement end-to-end online video solutions for thePlatform's customers.
thePlatform's media publishing system APIis extensive and requires in-depth technical understanding in order to be applied effectively. The CIE requires exceptional resourcefulness and organizational skills in order to complete customer engagements successfully.
This rewarding position offers a tremendous opportunity to learn from working with a broad range of customers, technologies, and project types in the online video space, and a chance to interact with media organizations in Europe and beyond.
- Serve as thePlatform's primary technical contact with customers, providing seamless project management through all phases of the customer relationship
- Gather customer requirements, and evaluate, prototype, implement and document technical solution designs to fulfill a project's particular needs using thePlatform's products and services as well as other technologies
- Coordinating with the customer, account manager, support team and technical personnel on all sides to meet customer needs, while managing customer expectations to prevent overload or missed deadlines
- Develop and code custom Java/Groovy scripts using thePlatform APIs according to the customer's ingest requirements
- Communicate regularly with the customer to evaluate satisfaction; identifying how new service features might best fit upcoming needs
- Formal routing of customers' feature requests/bugs to thePlatform's engineering, sales or support teams as needed Required skills and experience
- 6+ years software engineering experience with Java/Groovy (strong object-oriented experience in other languages would be considered)
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field will consider experience in lieu of
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and time management skills
- Digital asset management, especially video processing and delivery. Experience of working with transcoding, packaging, DRM and adaptive-bitrate streaming technologies in a media environment would be a huge advantage
- Experience of working with REST Web Services, HTTP/FTP protocols and methods and using tools such as Charles/Fiddler to analyse network traffic
- Strong sense of responsibility and project ownership
- Customer-facing/ project management experience would be a major advantage About thePlatform thePlatform is a software technology company that helps TV stations, pay TV operators, content providers, and media/OTT services solve their unique media management and video publishing requirements. Our mpx software, hosted in the cloud and provided as a service, allows our customers to securely and efficiently manage their digital media and publish it to all manner of IP devices websites, tablets, set-top boxes, connected TVs and so on.Our proven media management and publishing technology provides a versatile approach, meeting each customer's unique business needs and scaling fluidly to support their growth. Customers include BT, Comcast, Fox International Channels, NBCUniversal, Liberty Global, Viaplay, Time Warner Cable and many others.This position is eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package including private health care.Please visit our website for more information http://theplatform.com
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex or any other legally protected category.