General Dynamics Information Technology Division - IT Domain Program Manager in Fairfax, Virginia
IT Domain Program Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining a strong service and support relationship between the GDIT Divisions, internal business functions, and Information Technology. IT programs defined in the IT strategy are designed to enable business strategies. Programs are portfolios of systems and projects required for each Division and internal business function to enable its strategies. This resource will be critical in gathering IT demand across GDIT to support efficient use of IT resources and prioritization of IT initiatives based on organization(s) needs/strategy and budget.
• Develop effective relationships with all business teams on all levels and become a trusted partner/advisor through dependable delivery and business contributions.
• Represent IT in division board/solution meetings with a focus on technology enablement of business strategy and process.
• Ensures IT solutions support the organization's short-term and long-term business goals/strategy and align with IT strategy.
• Perform assessments of current landscape for our customers and advise on options, risks, cost versus benefits, and impacts on end-user and services, business processes and system priorities.
• Uses the Service Catalog to identify opportunities and may assess and provide recommendations based on business relevance, appropriate timing, technology, implementation, and deployment.
• Gather relevant information required for supporting services that will be delivered by GDIT Information Technology at large program start-up.
• Promote a continuously improving environment by contributing to the problem management process and ensuring execution of corrective actions assigned to the team.
• Support division business development efforts, and provide IT input into technical requirements for division RFP/RFI/RFQ
• Enable simplification through identification of opportunities to leverage systems and investments across business areas and territories.
• Ensure IT solutions comply with technology and data standards and fit within the overall IT architecture.
• Perform other duties as required or assigned.
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
10-15 years of directly related computer systems analysis and/or programming experience.
• Demonstrated awareness of new systems technologies and how they could be leveraged to benefit the company, customers and providers, new business strategies and corporate initiatives.
• Experience successfully leading large, complex projects and/or in business/IT consulting/management roles.
• Must possess the qualities, skills, business acumen, experience, and discipline to ensure business and systems architecture alignment.
• Experience with business and systems analysis and design methodologies and tools, and experience with large and complex systems.
• Experience with business design and modeling including: conducting workshops and interviews, and logical and physical modeling
• Experience with business development and working as a proposal writer RFP/RFI/RFQ
• Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change
• Possess strong interpersonal skills, relationship management and negotiation skills, strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent written, oral and presentation communication and stakeholder engagement skills
• Must be able to work well with staff members and user community, especially with senior business management staff. Person must be able to interact with employees at all levels of the company
• Work hours may include meetings schedule outside of normal working hours. Demands during peak times may require work hours outside of normal working hours.
• Ability to travel, and conduct multi-time zone meetings outside of local business hours (as appropriate).
• Must be a US Citizen or a Legal Permanent Resident
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.