George Mason University Education Support Specialist III in Fairfax, Virginia
Registration Specialist Program Officer
George Mason University Mason Study Abroad is seeking a Registration Specialist Program Officer. Mason Study Abroad provides international study/internship and research opportunities for George Mason University students, faculty, staff and the general public. Mason Study Abroad functions as the hub for international educational activities at George Mason University.
George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
This position is responsible for all student registration, study abroad course approval, management of course equivalency tables of partner institution curriculum using best practices, and liaising with academic and administrative units on issues related to course administration issues.
The incumbent’s activities include creating, maintaining and publishing course equivalency material; and maintaining relationships with the Office of the Registrar, faculty and academic units, including developing curricular ties to units, and giving procedural guidance/training to university constituents on transfer practices and registration for study abroad course work. This position reports to the Director, Mason Study Abroad.
- B.A. or B.S. in international studies, international affairs, education, business, economics, politics, foreign language, or a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Excellent writing, analytical and time management skills;
- Knowledge of U.S. higher education organizational structures;
- Knowledge of international education professional standards and best practices with regard to curriculum integration;
- Strong social/interpersonal skills, including facility for interaction in multicultural and cross-cultural contexts, and the ability to work with and lead groups;
- Experience working in a higher education institution;
- Knowledge of key regulatory bodies, policies and protocols;
- Demonstrated ability to work with students, faculty, staff and overseas partners; and demonstrated ability to build relationships across functional areas;
- Experience working with a range of domestic and international organizations, e.g., higher education institutions, government agencies, NGOs, third party providers, and private sector companies; and
- Significant administrative experience—background in study abroad, higher education administration, experiential education or field studies.
- M.A. in international studies, international affairs, education, business, economics, politics, or foreign language, or a related field; and
- Excellent data management skills, experience with TerraDotta (StudioAbroad) data system.
Special Instructions to Applicants
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 02724z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
Mason Ad Statement
Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report “Up and Coming” spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Mason’s diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Alternate Department Description: Mason Study Abroad
Criminal Background Check: Standard Background Check
Motor Vehicle Background Check: No
Restricted Position?: No, is eligible for layoff or severance benefits.
Job Category: Classified Staff
Role (State) Job Title: Education Support Specialist III
Working Title: Registration Specialist Program Officer
Job Type: Full-Time
Position Number: 02724z
Recruit Number: Staff - 7876
Working Hours: 40 hours per week
Pay Band: Payband 4
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience.
For Full Consideration, Apply by: November 1, 2016
Posting Date: 10/18/2016
Open Until Filled?: Yes
Telework Friendly?: Yes
Equity Statement: George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Campus Safety Information: Mason’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available at http://police.gmu.edu/annual-security-report/