George Mason University Store and Warehouse Specialist III in Fairfax, Virginia
The George Mason University Facilities Department is seeking qualified applicants to fill the position of Senior Storekeeper on the Fairfax campus. The shift for the position will be Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m. (subject to change). George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
This position is responsible for assisting in the operation and maintenance of the inventory and warehousing section of the Facilities Management Department. The associated duties and tasks reflect a substantial variety and complexity ranging from receipt of inventory, stocking, and monitoring stock levels; generation of replenishment documents; inventory counts; nonstock inventory management; records maintenance; durable equipment control; and other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Significant warehousing and inventory management experience;
- Knowledge in general warehouse and inventory control principles and procedures;
- Knowledge of warehouse and material-handling equipment and safety regulations, including hazardous materials handling procedures, and material safety data sheet (MSDS) records compliance;
- Skilled in data entry and electronic inventory control and maintenance in a Microsoft Windows- and Web-based operating environment;
- Skilled in use, care, safety and security of warehouse facility, inventory, and equipment including forklifts;
- Ability to adapt procedures, techniques, tools, materials and/or equipment to meet specific needs;
- Ability to tabulate and maintain accurate records, and communicate effectively in speech and in writing;
- Ability to go out in inclement weather, safely and independently move 70 pounds, and operate a forklift; and
- A positive attitude.
Special Instructions to Applicants
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 00258z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a resume and a list of three professional references with contact information.
Mason Ad Statement
Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report “Up and Coming” spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Mason’s diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Department: Facilities Management
Criminal Background Check: Standard Background Check
Motor Vehicle Background Check: Yes
Restricted Position?: No, is eligible for layoff or severance benefits.
Job Category: Classified Staff
Role (State) Job Title: Store and Warehouse Specialist III
Working Title: Senior Storekeeper
Job Type: Full-Time
Position Number: 00258z
Recruit Number: Staff - 7869
Working Hours: Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Pay Band: Payband 3
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience.
Posting Date: 10/18/2016
Job Close Date: 10/31/2016
Open Until Filled?: No
Telework Friendly?: No
Equity Statement: George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Campus Safety Information: Mason’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available at http://police.gmu.edu/annual-security-report/