Continental Corporation Collections Representative in Fairlawn, Ohio
About Continental With sales of €39.2 billion in 2015, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 215,000 employees in 55 countries. As a division in the Continental group, ContiTech is one of the world's leading industrial specialists. Its customers can be found in key industries such as machine and plant engineering, mining, the agricultural industry, and the automotive industry. With around 43,000 employees in 44 countries, the company uses its development and material expertise for products and systems made of rubber, plastic, metal, textile, and electronic components to combine these with individual services. ContiTech always thinks in terms of customer-friendly and environmentally-friendly solutions – going well and truly beyond its roots as a producer of rubber products. With sales of €5.4 billion (2015), this international technology partner is active with core branches in Europe, Asia, NAFTA, and South America.
Auto req ID 50494BR
Job Title Collections Representative
Country United States
Posting Location Fairlawn, OH
• Monitor all assigned accounts for past due invoices and residuals in order to prioritize tasks.
• Contact customers to collect past due invoices.
• Evaluate and selectively release new orders that require review.
• Resolve residuals within the time frames prescribed by department policy.
• Communicate/coordinate customer contact, action plans, and resolution of issues with appropriate Sales associates as necessary.
• Keep Credit and Collection Management, and Sales team fully informed of all major/critical issues.
• Communicate/coordinate recommendations to leverage the collection of past due invoices via the Credit and Collections Supervisor as necessary.
• Record notes in the SAP system of all discussions, contacts, or attempted contacts with customers, Sales, etc.
• Achieve DSO and Past Due related goals.
• Accept ownership of all accounts receivable related responsibilities for assigned accounts.
• Be the proactive driving force behind the recognition and resolution of all issues that delay payments for assigned accounts.
• Escalate internally/externally for resolution as necessary to accomplish goals.
• Recommend/negotiate payment schedules to resolve past due situations.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
2 - 5 years commercial collection experience (business to business) dealing with small to large volume accounts.
Working knowledge of the credit approval process and the ability to recognize high risk/problematic accounts.
Must have 3rd party collections experience.
Dynamic, proactive, and selfmotivated individual.
Strong organizational, teambuilding and people skills. The ability to work and navigate within a complex organization, and lead a collaborative work effort.
Strong communication and leadership skills and the ability to assume increasing responsibilities in a rapidlychanging environment.
Results driven in a team environment.
Understanding of bankruptcy laws.
Excellent written and oral communication skills and proven telephone collection technique.
Ability to negotiate and influence.
Possess strong follow-up, documentation, and multitasking skills.
Strong Excel and Word skills.
Prefer minimum of Associates degree.
SAP experience preferred.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to NAFTArecruiting@continental-corporation.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.4000.
Division Footer Text Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.