Smithsonian Institution Budget Analyst in FEW vacancies Washington, District Of Columbia
- FEW vacancies - Washington DC, DC
Work Schedule is Full-Time, Permanent - Federal
Opened Monday 10/17/2016 (3 day(s) ago)
** Closes Monday 10/31/2016 (11 day(s) away)
About the Agency
This position is located in the Finance & Administration Division of Administrative & Operations Department, National Zoological Park (NZP). The employee is responsible for managing all financial and procurement activities; support the development of the budgets by administering the automated funds management System and assists on a variety of budget and financial matters.
- Develops policies and procedures and issues guidance for appropriate budget formulation and execution and financial management and accountability of all Federal and non-Federal funds.
- Manages and is responsible for the federal and trust budget; on a quarterly basis prepares the base fund personnel cost projections calculating on-board costs, while taking into account such variables as pay/locality adjustments, overtime, awards, benefits, adjustments, LWOP, unit reimbursements, early-out programs, and lapse savings.
- Performs budget formulation duties involved in the process of preparing detailed analyses and estimates of annual funding needs for one or more future budget years.
- Compiles and coordinates the presentation materials for all areas of the budget; analyzes and evaluates the effects of program plans and budget issues.
- Advises on and/or performs professional financial accounting; develops accounting procedures and resolves technical problems in executing a computerized, integrated accounting system, reconciles accounts with manual and computer subsidiary accounts.
- Not Required
- Pass Pre-employment Background Investigation
- May need to complete a Probationary Period
- Maintain a Bank Account for Direct Deposit/Electronic Transfer
- Males born after 12/31/59 must be registered with Selective Service.
Experience:You qualify for this position if you possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-11 level in the Federal Service or comparable pay band system. For this position Specialized experience is defined as performing budget administration activities, preparing budget reports and estimates, writing position papers, analyzing financial data, collaborating with program personnel on a variety of budgetary matters, and justifying budget increases.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Part-time and/or unpaid experience related to this position will be considered to determine the total number of years and months of experience. Be sure to note the number of paid or unpaid hours worked each week.
Qualification requirements must be met within 30 days of the job opportunity announcement closing date.
For information on qualification requirements, see Qualification Standards Handbook for General Schedule Positions viewable on the web at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications.
Public Trust - Background Investigation
What To Expect Next
At the end of the application process you will be able to create and save a PDF file that contains your responses to the assessment questions. You may save this file as initial receipt of your application. After the job announcement closes, you will receive an email from the Smithsonian with confirmation of receipt. The Smithsonian receives many applications for each job. Each application is reviewed carefully which may take a few weeks. We will send you an e-mail to update you as we go through phases of the application review process. You may also check your application status by logging into www.usajobs.gov and selecting the tab "My USAJOBS;" e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or by contacting the Office of Human Resources Representative listed. Additional Information:
- Tips on applying for Smithsonian jobs are available at www.sihr.si.edu/jobs.cfm.
- The Smithsonian does not pay relocation expenses.
- The Smithsonian embraces diversity and equal employment opportunity (www.si.edu/oeema).
Review our benefits
Flexible Spending Accounts - http://www.fsafeds.com/fsafeds/index.asp Health Insurance - http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp Leave - http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/index.asp Life Insurance - http://www.opm.gov/insure/life/index.asp Long Term Care Insurance - http://www.ltcfeds.com Retirement Program - http://www.opm.gov/retire/index.asp
Salary Range: $77,490.00 to $100,736.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0560-12/12
Promotion Potential: 12
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: This position is open to all U.S. Citizens or U.S. Nationals Note: Federal employees with permanent status or individuals eligible for special appointing authorities should apply to Job Announcement #17R-LM-302161-MPA-NZP.
Control Number: 453491600
Job Announcement Number: 17R-LM-302161-DEU-NZP