The GEO Group Physician Assistant PT in Folkston, Georgia
This position is 20 hours per week
This position provides healthcare services for typically performed by a physician, under the supervision of a physician. It conducts complete physicals, provides treatment, and counsels patients. It may also prescribe medication.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts examinations of patients to obtain information about their physical conditions.
- Provides treatment to patients by making tentative diagnoses and decisions following patients’ examinations.
- Provides physician with assistance as necessary.
- Prescribes therapy or medication with physician’s approval.
- Performs therapeutic procedures, such as injections, immunizations, suturing, wound care, and infection management.
- Obtains, compiles, and records patients’ medical data, including health history, progress notes, and results of physical examination.
- Administers or orders diagnostic tests, such as x-rays, electrocardiograms, and laboratory tests.
- Documents all provided services in the patient’s medical record.
- Interprets diagnostic test results for deviations from normal.
- Counsels and instructs patients about prescribed therapeutic regimens, normal growth and development, family planning, emotional problems of daily living, and health maintenance.
- Consults with supervising physicians, specialists, and other health professionals as appropriate.
- Visits and observes patients, updates charts, orders therapy, and reports back to physician.
- Orders medical and laboratory supplies and equipment.
- May prescribe medication.
- Performs other duties as assigned.