First National Bank Private Client Advisor in Fort Collins, Colorado
JobTitle: Private Client Advisor
Date Posted: 10/04/2016
Location: Fort Collins - Tower
City: Fort Collins
Schedule: M-F 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Full/Part Time: Full-time
Posting Category: Professional
External Posting Code: CL
The Private Client Advisor (PCA) is a trusted financial advisor to, and advocate for, affluent and ultra-affluent clients and prospects with complex needs. The PCA advises through the integrated delivery of investment management, fiduciary advice, specialized asset management, full service financial planning, business succession planning, and credit and depository services. The PCA will broaden the scope of client relationships through a focused and deep understanding of each individual client's needs utilizing an open platform, product-agnostic strategies and commitment to a fiduciary standard.
The PCA will be responsible for growth of Wealth Management services in the Fort Collins community. A heavy emphasis will be placed on business development, working with both internal and external sources
- Advisory Service: The PCA serves as advisor to wealth creators with sophisticated investment needs, both traditional and alternative, and high net worth clients whose needs gravitate towards estate and succession planning. Given the complexity of the needs of the client segment, the PCA will provide advisory services to up to 125 direct advisory clients.
· Meets regularly with each client to deliver performance reviews and ask questions to assess their financial situation, objectives and risk tolerance.
· Uses an individualized advisory approach tailored to the needs of the client and, as appropriate, expands each client relationship, to include core banking, trust and investment management, wealth transfer and business succession planning and other solutions and services.
- Business Development: Meet or exceed defined asset based growth and retention, individual and unit goals and profitability objectives.
· Generates revenue from planning fees, advisory fees and through the utilization of other appropriate products and services.
· Provides input to and implements business development action plan to pursue target market / clientele.
· Develops networks with third party referral sources that enable exposure and opportunities to develop new business with target market and deepen relationships with existing clients.
· Leverages current internal and external sales, marketing and communication activities to promote the sourcing of new and growth of clients
· Continuously identifies, analyzes and capitalizes on our competitive advantages
- Cross-Referring WMG and FNB Products and Services:
· Identifies and matches client needs with subject matter experts, existing business unit products and services.
· Acts as both referral receiver or originator depending on client need
· Partners with teammates and other internal bank specialists/resources for additional investment, fiduciary, credit and financial planning expertise to provide a full array of products and services to the client.
· Handles all internal leads expeditiously and effectively.
- Professional Behavior and Community Focus: Exhibit professional behavior and promote positive working relationships.
· Exercise a willingness to be a resource to colleagues.
· Be proactive and respectful in all working relationships.
· Complete special projects as assigned within allotted timeframes and be accountable for continuous best efforts in such projects.
· Participate as member of meaningful committees or boards of local civic organizations.
· Understand local perceptions of FNNI/WMG and support strategic planning to ensure a strong, positive community perception of FNNI/WMG.
- Compliance: Understand and comply with bank policy, laws, and FINRA / SEC regulations, and the bank's BSA/AML Program, as applicable to your job duties.
· Complete compliance training and adhere to internal procedures and controls, as required.
· Ensure adherence to FNB compliance requirements in business development materials and process documents.
· Report any known violations of compliance policy, laws, or regulations.
· Report any suspicious customer and/or account activity.
Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or related field
5+ years experience in investment and financial services or equivalent experience
Excellent communication skills.
Solid presentation skills.
Flexibility of schedule to accommodate client meetings occurring prior to or after normal business hours.
Ability to work well within a team environment, exhibit collegiality and respect for others.
Significant depth of knowledge and/or experience in at least one of the following: investment management, trust, estate planning and/or business succession planning
Maintain and ongoing knowledge of the industry and the economy
State Life, Accident & Health and Variable Contract insurance licenses
Certifications or degrees such as a CRPC, CFP, CPA, CFA, CTFA, CFM or MBA, JD or ability to earn accreditation
FINRA Series 7 & 66 (or Series 63 & 65) registrations or willing to obtain licensing as deemed necessary by regulatory requirements or at the discretion of manager.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Click here to download 'EEO Is The Law' Self-Print Poster: https://firstnational.igreentree.com/CSSInternal/EEOCDocs/eeocposter.pdf
Click here to download 'EEO Is The Law' Supplemental: https://firstnational.igreentree.com/CSSInternal/EEOCDocs/eeocsupplement.pdf