H&E Equipment Services, Inc Class A CDL Driver - Fort Myers, FL in Fort Myers, Florida
Class A CDL Driver - Fort Myers, FL
H&E Equipment Services, one of the largest integrated equipment dealerships in the nation, has an opening for a Class A CDL Driver.
The CDL Driver responsibilities include safely and efficiently delivering freight and goods to service centers, customers and loading and unloading the distributing freight.
• Drives truck to transport material and equipment to and from specified destinations
• Positions blocks, tie roper and other devices to secure load during transit
• Load and unload trucks
• Verifies load against shipping papers
• Provide customer training on equipment usage
• Prepares receipts for materials picked up to assure proper logs/paperwork comply with DOT regulations
• Maintains logs and records according to DOT regulations as required
• Obtain all in and out-of-state permits
• Maintains and checks truck’s equipment and supplies to assure roadworthiness
• Notifies supervisor of currently needed or anticipated repairs
• Perform minor emergency roadside repairs
• Various yard duties
• At least 2 years of previous experience in hauling heavy equipment product lines
• Familiar with lowboy, flatbed, step/drop-deck trailers and other equipment hauling methods
• HS Diploma or equivalent is required
Searching for a solid, growth-oriented company that values its employees? Join H&E Equipment Services! We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits and 401K retirement savings plan with company match.
H&E Equipment Services was established in 1961. We are a leading supplier of equipment for construction, earthmoving, compaction, paving and material handling customers. In addition to specializing in rentals and sales, we offer extensive repair and maintenance programs with comprehensive parts inventories, mobile service, planned maintenance, fleet management, crane re-manufacturing and more!
As a leader in the heavy equipment industry, we know that our success is a direct result of the hard work and dedication of our employees. Each employee at H&E is a contributing partner in our goal attainment and future growth, which is why we invest in our workforce and offer competitive pay, great benefits, and a friendly environment.
From our corporate office to our branches, we offer career opportunities for individuals that share our core values and work ethic while maintaining the highest standards of honesty and personal integrity. Positions may be available in sales, rentals, parts, service, accounting, information systems, etc.
We provide training designed to give you the skills and tools you need to succeed.
In addition, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental coverage, life insurance, short and long term disability, cafeteria (Section 125) program, 401K matching plan, PTO (Paid Time Off) and paid holidays.
If you are looking for a solid, growth-oriented company that values its employees, H&E Equipment Services is the place for you.
H&E Equipment Services is an Affirmation Action and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
H&E Equipment Services will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.