HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Histology Lab Assistant Full-time, Days in Fort Pierce, Florida
Integrated Regional Laboratories Histology Lab Assistant Full-time (1.0 FTE) Days Lawnwood Regional Medical Center Fort Pierce, FL
Integrated Regional Laboratories (IRL) includes thirteen HCA hospital laboratories in Palm Beach, Broward, Dade, Saint Lucie and Okeechobee counties and one Core Laboratory in Broward County. Through the process of re-engineering and the application of leading edge automation technology, IRL has transformed laboratory operations in the HCA East Florida market into an integrated service network.
/IRL is a member of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA Ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies. Join our tradition of/
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute is a 365-bed acute care hospital. Home to the Treasure Coast Level II Trauma Center, it provides life-saving care for patients with critical injuries from St. Lucie, Indian River, Okeechobee and Martin counties. Specialty services include a full range of cardiac care from diagnostics to open-heart surgery, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, Behavioral Health, an Inpatient Physical Rehabilitation Center as well as the only Mazor Robotics Program that provides highly-accurate, minimally-invasive surgery for complex spinal cases.
/We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance./
Performs specimen processing duties on assigned shifts under the supervision of a histology technologist and direction of the department supervisor or manager. Duties include, but are not limited to specimen pick-up, order entry, assisting with gross tissue handling, slide and block filing, sorting and discarding of specimens, preparation and tracking of samples for referral to external laboratories. Performs duties consistent with written procedures and regulatory requirements.
_Job Responsibilities Include but are not Limited to:_
- Ability to interact with co-workers in a team environment, promoting a harmonious and cooperative working environment.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service practices in all interactions.
- Effectively communicate with all personnel to exchange accurate and timely technical information.
- May assist in communication to customers, floors, physicians regarding problem and/or pending specimens.
- Requires 2 years experience performing registration, clerical duties, and sending out of specimen processing
- Follows safety policies and procedures
- Protects sensitive and confidential information by actively participating in the Privacy & Security Awareness program
- Pick-up specimens from Operating Room, Decontamination room, and Endo throughout the day and monitor pending requisitions.
- Enter specimens into the Log book and properly organize
- Ensure all tools are available and clean
- Stock all supplies
- Ensure req’s are available and in numerical order
- Completes slide and block filing
- Demonstrates that all specimens are stored and discarded properly
- Prepares and logs for afternoon pick up
- Cleans gross area and ensures equipment is set up for following day
- Answer phones and take accurate messages
- Utilize Meditech to pull reports, look up information, or results
- Attend monthly Pathologist Department and Lab Staff meeting
Required Job Qualifications include: * High School diploma/GED preferred * 1-3 years in a clinical laboratory setting preferred / / /Please Apply Online Now!!/
Title: Histology Lab Assistant Full-time, Days
Location: Florida-Fort Pierce-Lawnwood Regional Medical Cntr-St. Lucie County
Requisition ID: 01079-6496