HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse Surgical Intensive Care Unit Part Time Days in Fort Pierce, Florida
Registered Nurse - SICU Lawnwood Regional Medical Center Fort Pierce, FL
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute and its highly trained medical team have been serving the St. Lucie community for years with an extensive lineup of services, including behavioral health, surgery, imaging, and more. With its Level II trauma center and Level III neonatal intensive care unit (NICU), and a Comprehensive Stroke Center, the provider has those of all ages and ailments covered. As the community’s leader in heart care, the Lawnwood Heart Institute features a cardiac catheterization lab, cardiovascular step-down unit, cardiovascular intensive care unit, and more to assist the specially trained medical professionals in providing superb treatment. Valvular repair and replacement, angioplasty, and endoscopic vein harvesting are just a few of the many services offered. Its pediatric emergency department is the first and only of its kind on the Treasure Coast. The ER offers access to specialists and primary care pediatricians, as well as occupational, physical, and speech therapists.
The SICU RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Current licensure as an RN
- Current certification as a BLS/ACLS Healthcare Provider.
- Previous ICU experience preferred
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Keywords: Registered Nurse, RN
Title: Registered Nurse Surgical Intensive Care Unit Part Time Days
Location: Florida-Fort Pierce-Lawnwood Regional Medical Cntr-St. Lucie County
Requisition ID: 00102-6543