Ally Financial Bank Fraud Analyst in Fort Washington, Pennsylvania
Aug 8, 2016
The Deposit Operations' Fraud Analyst position is responsible to assess various situations and identify risks. Specific procedural reviews and approved countermeasures are utilized in the daily job performance. This role works closely with the Fraud Manager as well as various teams within Operations to assist with the investigation and deterrence of fraud against Ally Bank. This role requires the ability to conduct research, execute various methods and provide clear documentation of all findings. This role must also maintain a balanced perspective to ensure that the Ally Brand and high level of customer experience are maintained.
- Perform a series of reviews utilizing various tools and reports to identify potential fraudulent activities on new/existing Ally Bank Deposit accounts.
- Thoroughly research incidents and/or allegations and interact with other departments of Ally Bank, Risk, Compliance and Legal
- Some interaction may be necessary with other companies or local, state, and federal authorities
- Effectively execute countermeasures and various mitigation strategies to avoid losses to the bank and to our customers.
- Ensures enterprise-wide compliance with established standards, policies and procedures for the bank set by Corporate Security or other Ally Bank departments
- Provide excellent customer service to those customers impacted by potential fraud, ensuring we offer assistance as appropriate
- Review of new accounts, negative balance accounts, ACH reports, Call Center Fraud notifications and any suspicious activity on existing accounts.
- Assist manager in the preparation of reports as required for documentation to ensure adherence to policies and procedures.
- Type of prior related experience:
- The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience (2+ years' experience in the Fraud Investigations field).
- 3 years' experience in an operational environment, preferably in a retail deposit bank
- Special skills/abilities/competencies required:
- Ability to multi-task
- Challenge driven, goal oriented and capable of handling emergency or crisis situations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of current bank fraud investigative techniques
- Experience working with multiple streams of data to draw conclusion and/or take actions
- Advanced levels of Excel preferred
- Strong Windows based PC skills required
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally's legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function
Deposit Operations services the Deposits organization of Ally Bank. The team consists of over 200 associates across two locations (Ft Washington, PA and Lewisville, TX). The primary focus of the team is to support customers and our contact center teammates with a variety of activities geared around account maintenance, money movement, loss mitigation, complaint handling and projects. The department is divided into 8 teams and each team has associates that provide subject matter expertise specific to their area. Adherence to high quality output is critical along with; timelines, productivity, regulatory adherence and ensuring our culture is forefront in all that we do every day.
Total Rewards Information
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and bonus pay potential based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid time-off program with an emphasis on work-life balance.
Ally offers a variety of benefits to protect your health and well-being, provide financial security and balance your work-life needs including:
- Industry-leading 401K Retirement Savings Plan including Matching and Company Contributions
- Comprehensive wellness program with financial incentives designed to help you achieve your best health
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax dependent care and commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including Paid Parental & Caregiver Leave, Adoption Assistance, Back-up Child & Adult/Elder Care, Child Care Discounts, Tuition Reimbursement, LifeMatters Employee Assistance Program, Weight Watchers and other employee discount programs
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
ALLY JOB REQUISITION: 16-5942
POSITION LEVEL: Experienced
AVAILABLE WORK LOCATIONS: Pennsylvania (Fort Washington)