Gordon Food Service Non-Commercial (Healthcare) Outside Food Sales Representative - Fort Wayne, IN in Fort Wayne, Indiana
Are you looking for a new opportunity with a strong, stable and financially smart company? Do you want the opportunity for advancement in your career? If so, Gordon Food Service could be the place for you; for more than a century we have been honoring our promises to our customers and employees. As one of the largest privately held foodservice distributors in North America, our family-owned company has a history of pursuing innovative ideas and building strong relationships.
The continued growth of current and new markets allows for the addition of new talent to join our team. We’re seeking great people looking for professional and personal growth and a place to make a difference in people’s lives. If you are interested in joining an innovative, supportive, values-driven company, we invite you to consider a career with Gordon Food Service.
The Non-Commercial Healthcare Outside Food Sales Representative provides business‐consulting services to strengthen customer relationships and grow profitable sales. In addition, this individual will represent Gordon Food Service products and services for assigned territory and accounts to seek growth opportunities in existing customers and bring new customers to Gordon Food Service. Position also includes, managing customer business relationships which include accounts receivable, credits, lost business, growth, deployment of resources, and average order size/profitability.
- Effectively express and service the Gordon Food Service story.
- Travels through assigned territory to call on existing and prospective customers to maintain, seek growth opportunities, and increase profitable sales volume.
- Manage customer business relationship including credits, lost business, growth, deployment of Gordon Food Service resources, and average order size/profitability.
- Utilize and apply customer profitability and pricing models to negotiate customer agreements.
- Coordinate the demonstration and presentation of products and discuss applications, using samples or marketing materials emphasizing features based on price or value to customer business operations.
- Create and deliver business plan based on customer needs, goals, and objectives.
- Direct and deliver consultative services such as GPO Maximation, menu engineering, wait staff and HAACP training. Consult with customers and network resources to fulfill operations and profitability needs.
- Conduct CDS personal results analysis and planning at customer level.
- Receive, discuss, and or verify order information with customers using appropriate method on a monthly basis to include customer credits to identify and establish sales performance goals.
- Establish credit terms via established parameters and manage the collection of receivables using multiple methods to include electronic, mail and personal pickup of payments.
- Identify competition, customer purchasing patterns, perform customer sales history analysis, and observe and gather data to determine the needs of customer operations.
- Endorse and promotes NextGen and other technical solutions.
- Develop and oversee customer segment shows and participate in customer events.
- Collaborates with brokers to establish GFS products.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- This position requires customer interaction using comprehensive communication skills and the ability to express self verbally.
- Must be a strategic thinker, inquisitive, innovative, and creative in order to build relationships, network, link resources and apply business practices.
- Works effectively in teams and display integrity and honesty to participate and contribute to branch team efforts.
- Must be goal driven, have good organizational and administration skills with strong attention to detail and ability to follow‐up in order to self-manage and develop discipline.
- Must be flexible and coachable.
- Must be able to meet and exceed sales performance goals and execute good time and territory management.
Educational, Experience, & Additional Requirements:
- Registered Dietitian, Certified Dietary Mgr, Healthcare Sales or equivalent - Preferred
- High School Diploma - Required
- Bachelor Degree - Business, Sales or Marketing Preferred
- Must maintain a valid state driver’s license and safe driving record per GFS policy.
- Culinary certification a plus.
- Three to five years previous sales or business experience to include experience or an interest in food business practices and food preparation, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- In lieu of the specified education and experience requirements, a proven capability to perform the essential functions of the job, as demonstrated by an equivalent.
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a GFS customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. Employees love our competitive benefit plans, which include all the things you would expect and a few that you might not!Click herefor more details.
Our People Make the Difference Gordon Food Service Stewardship Report
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco free.
Job Category: Sales