RadioShack Developer, POS Systems in FORT WORTH, Texas
Develop and maintain applications with a high level of complexity. Exhibit high proficiency and competency in software development with concentration on expansion of analytical and project management skills. Assist others in areas related to development. Communicate status to appropriate level of management.
Key skills required:
- Demonstrates the ability to code, debug and test complex processes.
- Understands the functions of change control processes and is able to facilitate change within the environment
- Understands the use and implementation of multiple types of data stores. Able to make recommendations concerning their use
- Resolves production problems and demonstrates a propensity for helping others with problem resolution methods
- Adept at monitoring systems for performance and addressing problems
- Proficient in basic scripting functions. Able to assist others. Has knowledge of multiple scripting languages
- Able to document function of systems
- Understands system processes and their associated data flows
- Validates logic and standards of complex deliverables such as programs, SDLC documentation and test plans through formal peer reviews. Able to facilitate reviews
- Stays current on technology trends and is able to communicate them to others
- Gathers technical requirements and performs analysis on medium size projects
- Conducts tool evaluation
- Demonstrates ability on small to medium sized projects to identify and manage project issues, provide estimates for tasks, identify basic systems risks and impact on existing processes
- Demonstrates ability to prepare test scenarios and test plans for medium to large projects
- Proficient in advanced testing techniques and able to provide assistance
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of SDLC concepts
- Able to perform most duties associated with managing a medium sized project
- Communicates effectively with all levels of the business
- Comfortable working in teams
- Provides technical leadership for medium size teams of people to complete a project. Shows ability to resolve issues and conflicts among multiple groups of people
- Maintains solid working relationships
- Able to work independently and complete multiple tasks with little direction
- Develops data flow diagrams, data structures and their relationships and business flows for simple processes
A Bachelor’s Degree from a 4 year college or university, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of 3 years programming experience. The ideal candidate would have experience in
.NET client and web applications
Visual Basic, C#, WPF, WCF, TFS, XML, PowerShell, VBScript, SQL Server
Strong analytical, diagnostic and problem-solving skills and be able to prioritize and handle multiple outstanding tasks.
Able to effectively communicate to technical and non-technical staff at all levels of the organization.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
Posted: October 6, 2016