HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Director Transplant Services in Fort Worth, Texas
Under the direct supervision of the CNO the Director of Transplant Services directs all clinical activities for the solid organ transplant programs in accordance with the strategic goals of the organization. The director has 24-hour accountability and responsibility for the effective and efficient operation of transplant services as well as any strategically linked services outlined in the hospital’s business plan. Facilitates development and implementation of policies, procedures, standards and protocols for quality transplant patient and donor care. Establishes mechanisms to monitor the quality of transplant care in conjunction with the hospital wide plan and ensures compliance with applicable accrediting agencies and regulatory standards related to transplant services. Maintains quality patient care by ensuring that all transplant staff are appropriately licensed, credentialed, and have completed all required competencies and training. Responsible for identifying cost effective systems and resources needed to support the transplant service taking into account business trends, resource availability and customer needs. Maintains contractual agreements required to provide care and services to transplant patients and donors.
Education and Training Experience Required:
- Graduate of an accredited professional school of nursing BSN, MSN preferred.
- Masters degree in Healthcare Administration or Business Administration, preferred.
- Five (5) years experience in transplantation with the experience to include management of personnel, payroll, budgets, capital, business planning, marketing, physician relations, and management of supervisory positions.
- Must have thorough knowledge of the transplant process.
- Must have the ability to develop strategic plans for the transplant program in accordance with the organization’s goals.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the relationship between the clinical and financial aspects of transplantation.
- Proven experience in contract negotiations with third party payers.
- Ability to interact/communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
*CERTIFICATION/LICENSURE: * * RN with current licensure or RN with temporary permit to practice from the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas or Compact State License * Current CPR for Healthcare Provider. * Current professional specialty certification, preferred.
Title: Director Transplant Services
Location: Texas-Fort Worth-Plaza Medical Center of Fort Worth - Fort Worth
Requisition ID: 00073-78867