HCA, Hospital Corporation of America RN Registered Nurse - Transplant Stepdown - PCU Nights in Fort Worth, Texas
Registered Nurse – RN – Transplant Step Down Plaza Medical Center of Fort Worth Available Positions: Full Time Nights
Up to a $20,000 sign on bonus offered and relocation available for eligible candidates and positions.*
_About Plaza Medical Center_
Plaza Medical Center is a 320 bed MAGNET facility located in the heart of Fort Worth. Plaza serves as a tertiary referral center not only for Tarrant County, but also numerous counties within a 90 mile radius. * Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI * Accredited AMI Program * Accredited Comprehensive Stroke Center * Cardiovascular Center of Excellence * Magnet Re-designation December 2015
The newly renovated, 20-bed Transplant unit at Plaza, presents the opportunity for a nurse to receive transplant patients directly from OR with a 1:1 nurse patient ratio. All transplant patients remain at 2:1 or 3:1 patient ratios to ensure top-box clinical outcomes throughout their stay. With a dedicated nurse educator and practitioner on the floor, education is of the utmost priority to achieve excellence always and serve as a resource for all patients and staff. In order to better support night shift, leadership is present until 2300 to ensure all shifts are accommodated equally.
The National Kidney Registry (NKR) recently honored the Fort Worth Transplant Institute at Plaza Medical Center of Fort Worth with an “Excellence in Teamwork Award” for being part of the largest kidney swap in U.S. history. The chain of kidney transplants involved 70 recipients and donors, including a Fort Worth patient who received a kidney at Plaza through the national swap. Fort Worth Transplant Institute Surgical Director George Rofaiel, M.D., and the institute’s Medical Director Sridhar Allam, M.D., accepted the award for the Plaza transplant team at the NKR’s “Seventh Annual Season of Miracles Awards Gala” at the Waldorf Astoria in New York City.
_RN Job Responsibilities_ The Transplant Step Down RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
_Minimum Position Requirements:_ * Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing; BSN preferred. * Current licensure as an RN required * Current BLS and ACLS certifications required * Prefer a minimum of 1 year Acute Care RN experience
Title: RN Registered Nurse - Transplant Stepdown - PCU Nights
Location: Texas-Fort Worth-Plaza Medical Center of Fort Worth - Fort Worth
Requisition ID: 00073-83419