IDC Sales Support Specialist in Framingham, Massachusetts
IDG is the world’s leading technology, media, data, and marketing services provider. CIO Executive Council (CEC), a division of IDG, was founded to serve the evolving, challenging, and demanding role of the Chief Information Officer (CIO).
At CIO Executive Council, everything we do is centered around looking to our CIO members as influencers. We are passionate about connecting them globally and promoting their professional growth through our blend of programs, lifelong learning and inspired events. We call ourselves leadership advocates because we believe in change and approach it with a sense of purpose that is tied to championing and caring for our members at every level. It’s our passion and at the heart of everything we do. We are currently searching for a Sales Support Specialistto join our team.
The Sales Support Specialistposition will partner with sales directors to develop and grow the sales pipeline to consistently meet revenue goals. As part of the Marketing Team, this role will assist in the development and execution of lead generation initiatives and strategies to identify, engage and nurture qualified leads. Your creative research methods and uncovered data will drive new market entry points and will lay the foundation for overall account strategies. In addition to sales support activities, the Sales Support Specialist will also be accountable for recruitment of all CEC events, inclusive of virtual offerings and in-person regional and national events.
- Cultivate and qualify prospects from multiple sources including inbound marketing leads, prospect lists, social media, event registrants, etc.
- Initiate prospect outreach and schedule meetings to begin or accelerate the sales process
- Follow up on lead generating events, optimize marketing automation and lead nurturing processes
- Craft messaging for email templates and social posts
- Schedule social media posts to promote CEC offerings, events, research reports and industry related articles
- Segment lists to target multiple prospect audiences for CEC events
- Track progress and analytics via salesforce and Hubspot; Manage goals/metrics to provide reporting as necessary
- Keep up to date with industry trends and news
- Fluent use of Social Media applications
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office programs
- Salesforce.com and Hubspot experience is a plus
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment and operate with a high sense of urgency and ownership
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Capacity to respond quickly to change and challenges
Please upload a formatted version of your resume and cover letter during the application process.
Req Number: 16-0182
Posting Date: 9/14/2016
Title: Sales Support Specialist
Job Family: Sales
Unit: CIO Executive Council
Job Type: Full-Time
Career Level: Entry Level