Illinois Tool Works, Inc. Automation Technician in Frankfort, Illinois
Automation Technician at ITW
Under minimum supervision, must be able to troubleshoot and perform preventive maintenance on various automated production equipment.Performs necessary repairs and upgrades to maintain efficient daily operation of automated assembly equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILTIES AND COMPETENCIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1) Review and modify existing equipment as required to meet safety, quality, and production requirements.
2) Perform root-cause analysis, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain automated and semi-automatic production equipment as well as robotic and vision systems.
3) Program, troubleshoot and repair/replace sensors, scanners, vision systems, motors, servo drives, indexing dials, and encoders.
3) Assists with any new machine building and upgrades.
4) Assists with maintaining preventive and predictive maintenance system and records.
5) Completes and updates replenishment system for machine parts inventory.
Orders necessary repair items and preventive maintenance items using the purchase order system.
High school diploma, GED or 3 – 5 years’ experience with automation. Excellent mechanical ability; PLC and vision system experience preferred; computer literacy required.
1) Be able to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms.
2) Employee must able to frequently lift and or move up to 60 pounds.
3) Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision,
color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
4) The employee is frequently required to stand for long periods of time.
5) This is a night shift position.