HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Senior Project Manager in Franklin, Tennessee
The foundation of the HealthTrust model is a patient-focused mission, led by experienced clinical leaders and member advisory boards who conduct a rigorous product vetting and approval process. This industry-differentiating process drives all procurement activities and decisions, ensuring that member requirements are addressed and that there will be a strong commitment to on-contract purchasing. HealthTrust Technology Innovation is a Division of HCA Information Technology & Services that is responsible for designing, developing, and deploying products to internal business supporting Group Purchasing as well as products for our Supply Chain division and its business units.
The employee in this Senior Project Manager (Sr. PM) role will be responsible for planning, organizing and monitoring multiple and/or complex projects as part of the HealthTrust Data Implementation and External Integration Team. Serving as a combination scrum master/project manager, this person will work closely with our data acquisition team, internal partners and customers. This project manager’s purpose is to serve as an informal team leader, modeling positive attitude, work ethic and focus on team dynamics and health while supporting the team in achieving its goals.
The Sr. PM should demonstrate an understanding of complex ideas, attentive listening and clear written and verbal communication. They should also demonstrate leadership qualities by leading a project team through complex projects, changes and ambiguity. They take responsibility for obstacles and make sure that problems are resolved, enabling their team to progress and succeed. They may also fulfill a customer facing role in which she/he manages the customer relationship by building and maintaining a level of trust with the customer and offers guidance and support in analyzing and solving customer problems. Reports to the Director, PMO or a Program Manager.
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES
• Supports the Team in delivering projects/goals on time
• Effective team leadership (informal)
• Risk identification and management • Dependable project communication with IT and business leadership • Responsive to customer requests while operating within established prioritization process • Produces concise and compelling written communications
Plans, coaches, shepherds, organizes, and monitors multiple work streams or projects
Works with team on the effective application of Agile practices, coaches the Team towards excellence in delivery and team health.
Ensures sprint objectives and project goals are clear, ensures team practices are established and followed (e.g. daily scrum, backlog grooming, planning, retrospectives) supports by identifying and removing impediments, facilitating continuous improvement, and facilitating continuous improvement
Gathers required data to evaluate objectives, goals, and scope of projects and specifications
Proactively identifies and mitigates project risks while coordinating with other PMs and/or Scrum Masters on cross team / program dependencies and sequencing
Plans and controls scope for complex, ambiguous or fluid projects or goals Manages and estimates change orders for customers and partners Helps coordinate, plan, and facilitate Sprint and Quarterly planning sessions for Team (Planning, Demos, Code Reviews, Retro) while facilitating coordination with other Teams
Communicates effectively within the Team, across Teams and Programs and with business customers as appropriate.
Coaches more junior team members
- Undergraduate college degree required
Preferred experience includes:
• 5-10 years of relevant work experience in the Healthcare IT industry, Group purchasing and/or Supply Chain • B2B initiatives, data acquisition/ exchange technologies such as Data Power, Mirth, Cloverleaf • Project planning and implementation • Implementing projects using Agile/Scrum/Kanban methods • Working as part of a dedicated delivery team and managing flow, priorities, risks, issues • Developing budget estimates and managing project financials
• Planning and facilitating effective meetings (face to face and remote techniques) • Coordination across various stakeholders and dependent teams • Preparing and delivering statuses and other communications to all levels of leadership
• Healthcare IT Experience: Group Purchasing and/or Supply Chain Experience preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
• Office environment, may be asked to travel approximately 20% of the time
Title: Senior Project Manager
Location: Tennessee-Franklin-Corporate Cool Springs
Requisition ID: 10207-19438