BNY Mellon Mainframe Principal Infrastructure Operations A'lyst in Freeport, Pennsylvania
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon BXP technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
- *Primary Job Responsibilities to Include:
· Oversee and direct the Automation team in their day-to day activities, ensuring that incidents, problems, projects and requests are handled in a timely manner and that work is completed according to group and corporate policy.
· Ensure team project work is defined, documented, properly scoped, assigned, scheduled and tracked to completion.
· Act as the Mainframe Automation subject matter expert by fielding customer questions, performing research into automation issues, mentoring and training automation staff, and interfacing with software vendors to resolve issues.
· Set the strategic direction of the Mainframe Automation function; analyze products and product features for potential implementation, make critical business and architectural decisions relating to automation, and prioritize team effort to ensure strategic goals are met.
· Design, develop, maintain and regularly test the Disaster Recovery capability of the Mainframe Automation function. Ensure Mainframe Automation staff is adequately trained and prepared for a DR scenario, and that the automated tools used during DR perform as required.
Principal Infrastructure Operations Analyst->> Designs, implements, integrates, and provides full support for complex software in a multi-tiered, multi-platform environment. Advises specialists on areas to focus installation and support efforts. Works with the Senior Principal to ensure operations are consistent with LOB and organization wide goals. Identifies and solves highly complex and critical systems related issues to meet the objectives for the corporation. Participates in software strategic planning and consulting on platform selection, version implementation, software product recommendation, and usage of enhanced functionality. Tracks installations, modifications, and support efforts to ensure goals are being met. Implements, integrates and provides support for middleware software in a multi-tiered, multi-platform environment, dealing with development projects that have a broad impact across the organization. Provides consulting expertise in identifying and solving highly-critical middleware issues and serves as a resource on middleware issues related to policies and standards that impact middleware specialist and application support staffs across the corporation. Communicates with internal and external system users to address concerns and make sure that technical issues are dealt with appropriately. Manages ticket queues and handles highly complex escalated issues. Analyzes repeat incident patterns to identify opportunities for cost reduction and productivity enhancements. Manages relationships with vendors and works with them to ensure efficient incident resolution. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives. Responsible for budget activity.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred 10 - 12 years of related infrastructure experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Primary Qualifications:*
· The qualified candidate must have extensive prior experience in _Mainframe Automation_ and must have deep knowledge of the OPSMVS and Automation Point products, as well as the following technologies: OPS/REXX, TSO/E REXX, and Open Object REXX.
· Experience with zVM, CMS, zLinux, and the tools and practices of automating this environment would be preferable.
· The qualified candidate must be able to work independently in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with little or no guidance.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
· Frequent evening/night/weekend work required.
- BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.*
Primary Location:* United States-Pennsylvania-Freeport
Internal Jobcode:* 45196
Job:* Information Technology
Organization:* Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number:* 1611060
Category: Information Technology