HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Laboratory Clerk PRN in Gainesville, Florida
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D Tobacco Free Campus
The Lab Clerk will answers and directs phone calls into the lab, logs in and distributes specimens, and places orders in the computer system.
- Responsible for the printout and posting of inpatient results.
- Answers telephones and inquires from floor and doctors offices and pages personnel as required.
- Answers the telephone within 4 rings, not leaving on hold more than one minute without asking if they want to continue to hold.
- Enters orders in the computer for patient testing.
- Resolves uncollected specimen problems.
- Reports all pending work or problem to other shifts and/or supervisor.
- Corrects and reports error and does proper documentation.
- Prints outpatient and discharge patients’ results and delivers to Health Information Management.
- Mails patients results to doctor’s offices.
- Records copies and mails out all reference lab results to physicians, hospital, floors, and Health Information Management.
- Logs-in, labels, and distributes specimens from physicians’ offices using the proper registration routines in the hospital information system.
- Performs other related functions as assigned.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent.
Experience: Previous experience in admissions and/or business office setting required.
- Special Skills: Requires ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with others, and to accept constructive criticism. Must be able to maintain confidentiality. Must be able to type accurately, perform computer word processing, and operate standard office equipment, including fax and copy equipment.
- Physical Demands and Working Conditions: Position requires multitasking, including writing, computer data entry and retrieval, and operating standard office equipment. Duties require repetitive hand motions, including working at the computer and writing, extended periods of sitting, walking, and talking on the telephone, and are subject to frequent interruptions. Work environment is in the office and patient care areas. Work involves exposure to elements of accidents, injury, and illness. May be exposed to bloodborne pathogens. Requires ability to handle emergency and crisis situations.
Title: Laboratory Clerk PRN
Location: Florida-Gainesville-North Florida Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00039-10518