HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Linen Technician - Days in Georgetown, Texas
Provides appropriate amounts and types of linen supplies to individual nursing units and other departments. Uses linen carts and other transportation vehicles in patient and non-patient areas.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Handling of the hospital linen.
- Stocks and delivers linen supplies to hospital units.
- Stocks linen carts with correct par levels of clean linen and other supplies and delivers to individual units.
- Receives and inventories clean linens from laundry as supplies are delivered.
- Transports carts of linen to destinations according to assigned delivery schedules.
- Restocks carts with remaining linen for the second delivery.
- Transports additional linen items to requestor within ten minutes of request.
- Restock and issues scrub wear to staff in requested sizes and quantities.
- Delivers special linens to private suites and other special units as requested, within five minutes of request.
- Restocks exchange carts with linens prior to end of shift for next day's delivery.
Inventory and documentation of linens.
a. Counts and documents linen supplies accurately as needed.
b. Counts and documents all new linen within 24 hours.
c. Documents counted linen items delivered to units daily and forwards to department office.
d. Notifies management of unusual low stock or shortage of linen items immediately.
e. Counts and documents returns off of linen carts upon return from floors.
f. Daily enter linen counts into linen Helper
Follows safety procedures.
- Responds immediately and calmly to all fire or disaster drills.
- Transports linen carts throughout facility keeping staff and patient traffic areas open so that cart will not create a safety hazard.
- Stores linen carts out of corridors and traffic areas on each unit.
- Follows Universal Precautions and good infection control practices when delivering and stocking linen supplies to the units.
- Notifies supervisor when observing unsafe actions or conditions immediately.
- Participates in physical linen inventories.
Prepares linens for special use areas.
- Folds and prepares packs and other special linen supplies for sterilization.
- Stamps all new linen supplies for additions to inventory.
Employee's conduct must reflect the company's values and commitment to the Code of Conduct,
ethics and compliance program.
Performs all duties related to Teletracking's BedTracking XT
- Logs into BedTracking XT's phone system at the beginning of each shift.
- Enters pager number and zones and/or sections.
- Responds timely to message notifications in BedTracking XT.
- Updates job status in BedTracking XT
- Signs out of BedTracking XT at the conclusion of each shift.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Adheres and upholds all services behaviors as listed in the I CARE value commitment and other
Performs other duties as assigned by Management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must be able to demonstrate understanding of national patient safety initiatives by strict compliance to all safety protocols and procedures as required by both HCA and St David's Georgetown Hospital. Verbal communication skills are necessary. Knowledge/understanding of the English language.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Required: Minimum of a 10thgrade
Preferred: Linen experience
Title: Linen Technician - Days
Location: Texas-Georgetown-St. David%27s Georgetown Hospital
Requisition ID: 25067-49502