Midwestern University Sr. Administrative Assistant - AZ- Communications Department in Glendale, Arizona
This position is responsible for providing general administrative, reception and guest relation support for the Office of Communications. The position reports to the Assistant Director of Communications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide receptionist support to include greeting visitors and answering/routing phone calls
- Process all check and PO requests and track all department budget items
- Provide general administrative support to include the organization of supplies, scheduling of meetings, and preparation of mailing lists/labels/databases
- Assist with special events, including Graduations, White Coat Ceremony, Chippin’ in for Students golf outing, Bright Lights Shining Stars fundraising gala, University holiday events, high school health careers programs, and others
- Schedule and coordinate monthly lecture series of university faculty experts
- Provide administrative marketing support, including mailing list purchasing/preparation, budget tracking, preparation of monthly clinic referral reports, and monitoring of social media review sites
- Prepare semi-annual media clip report
- Provide friendly customer service to faculty, staff, students, parents, teachers, and community regarding Office of Communications events
- Other duties as assigned
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or GED and 3-5 years administrative support experience required. One year certificate from college or technical school and/or Associate degree and 5-7 years relevant working experience preferred. Experience working in a team and customer service oriented environment. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Computer proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Midwestern University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not discriminate against an employee or applicant based upon race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or veterans status, in accord with 41 C.F.R. 60-1.4(a), 250.5(a), 300.5(a) and 741.5(a).
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
High School or better
3-5 years:Administrative Support
Posted: September 28, 2016